Hemorrhoids...am I the only one?!?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Feb 16, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

YIKES! Between the constipation and occasional diarhea..my hemorrhoids really act up. Are you guys going through this too? And if so, what do you do for them? Mine burn and/or bleed and they are just a pain in the butt! (Oops, was that too insensitive?)

I would welcome any help. I suppose changing the diet around is riling them up some and it seems they always get worse around the time of my period.

Just wondering if I am an odd duck or if someone else is plagued by these. Thanks so much...Sherry
  2. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

I get them too, but it has GREATLY REDUCED due to using Cottonelle wipes for the bathroom, I used to buy the Summer's Eve feminine wipes but they were more expensive and the Cottonelle is the same thing. You can find them at your local drugstore or grocery, or on drugstore.com.

They aren't medical, but help keep that area clean. I also use them to cut down on yeast infections . . .

love
    april
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I really appreciate the help. Good ideas all. I am in hopes that I can do a bit more prevention for the future..but yesterday..well, it was something that needed attention right then and there!!

I appreciate you all so much..Sherry
  4. Katlover

Katlover New Member

I'm like you - go from one extreme to the other. Never have just a "normal" bowel movement! I thought I was alone, too. It's nice to see that I'm not - I don't think that came out quite right - I don't mean that I'm glad YOU have that problem, I'm just glad that I'm not alone!!! Those Cottonelle wipes are great! That's what I've been using. Seems to sooth the poor, sensitive area! Here's hoping for a "happy hiney!"
    Kat