Hemorrhoids are bad.. Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Jan 22, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have been having a lot of trouble with my hemorrhoids lately..

Any of the over the counter ointments do not work.. If I call my DR. she will give me the suppository. Which I think caused me some problems with some major anal itching the last time. It was bad..It felt like a yeast infection.

I know I have heard of witch hazel maybe?? Or are the tucks any good??

Sorry it is not a pleasant topic.. but I need help..

Thanks

SherylD
  2. limbo

limbo Member

Hi, are they from constipation, use stool softner Dulcolax is good, start with one tablet. I had surgery years ago from childbirth. wasn't fun but worth it. Today I have IBS with constipation and I found slow mag or low doses of amtripline help.Good luck!
  3. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Hi Sheryl,

I too have had this problem until I tried this. It reduces the swelling and relieves itching quickly and I highly recommend it.

However it is by prescription only but there are some doctors that have sample tubes available.

Hope this helps,
    Lindy
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Do you know.. Does that have the sterroids in it?? Is an ointment or suppositories??
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

baby diaper rash cream. Use glove and get it up inside a bit. Boy it works better than anything for soreness, itching, the lot.
    Crom
  6. shep

shep New Member

I have had surgery for these pain in the butt things, but they have come back.
    Witch Hazel is the best and cheap. Tucks are expensive ..and you can buy a bottle of witch hazel for a little over a buck and some make-up pads and make your tucks. I put the pads in a clean butter container or yogurt container and soak them with witch hazel and after a good hot soak in the tub hold these pads over the area . Also, every time you go to the bath room treat the area and mine cleared up in about 2 days.

Hope this helps.
    Shep
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I am going to try these things.. They are just terrible..

They weren't to bad this morning but the longer I am on my feet the worse they get..

Thanks alot!
    SherylD
  8. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Sheryl, Here is some more information on the Analpram HC;

What is Analpram-Hc?
    · Hydrocortisone is a steroid medication. Hydrocortisone topical reduces or inhibits the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, swelling, and itching.

· Pramoxine is a topical anesthetic. Pramoxine causes a loss of feeling in the skin.

· Together, hydrocortisone and pramoxine are used to treat minor skin irritations, anal itching, hemorrhoids, and pain from episiotomy.

· Analpram-Hc may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Good Luck and I hope you find relief soon,

Lindy

9. lolee

lolee New Member

under duress!!!!!

I am so tempted to create another user name just for this thread . . . . .

And I am not joking about this reply . . . . .oh man this is SO hard..................

Ya'know the popscicles that come with two sticks that you break down the middle by just snapping them on the kitchen counter?

Well, use one of those. I swear, I am like SO serious!!!!

I ran a scrap metal yard in east L.a. for many years and most of the Hispanic guys were very very very poor, well I don't even know HOW this subject came up, but it did.

Anyway, that is one of the things that is done among the very poor and at first I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't.

And honestly, it works.

Oh gawd, I CANNOT believe I'm going to post this!!!!!!!!!!!

Lolee
  10. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Just kidding!!!! LOL

What do you mean?? They put the popsicle right on there?? Did they prefer a certain color?? LOL

This post is getting interresting!

Anybody else have any good ideas??
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I think that is what I used and it does help.. But the last couple of times I used it the itching got soooo bad. I could hardly stand it.

I pretty sure I have a yeast problem.. and it seriously felt like I got a yeast infection in there.. Bad!

Well I was on Abx also around the same time.. so maybe the combo. I don't know but I don't want that back ever again..It drove me crazy.

Thanks so much..
  12. kjfms

kjfms Member

...OK, I am laughing so hard I can hardly type-sorry I am not laughing at anyone. The question about which color popcycle to use-got me laughing and I can't stop.

Thank you all I needed that!

On a more serious note, I have this problem and I just hate it. A lot of good information here for thought...

...I have the song Bicycle (replaced with icecycle) by Queen going in my head...laugh...sigh..Burrrrr I cold just thinking about it. ;)

I feel so much better!! :)

Thanks,

Karen
  13. lolee

lolee New Member

I swear ya'all are so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just KNEW I was gonna get some flack for that one!! But didn't expect this funny!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Honestly, though it works along the same line as those little "plugs" (oh lawd, here we go again!) that you freeze and put "up there" which by the way any pharmacy sells, but I would rather buy the popsicles then one of those!!!

This is just another example of how we can find humor in ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Lolee "Pop"

P.S. I would think any color except maybe green?
  14. Moonshyne

Moonshyne New Member

I've used Aloe Vera Gel with great success....just get a bottle at walmart..

Also, the Edgar Cayce Center used to carry a reallly awesome ointment for hemmoroids that worked like a magic..they may still offer it on their website I don't know. I've been using the Aloe cuz it works and it's cheep!

15. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I wondered about the aloe.. I was going to use it last night. Actually I use some aloe cream..But that didn't help much.

I will try it and see.. before I try the popsicle..LOL

Thanks
  16. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Sheryl, I used to have hemorrhoids, so I can sympathize with you. I was looking at surgery as an option, which wasn't a pleasant option, but the pain was getting unbearable.

After I underwent the NAET treatments, allergy elimination, I haven't been bothered with hemorrhoids since. That was five years ago.

I agree that the constipation is an issue with hemorrhoids. I just recently underwent a period where I was suffering from the constipation thing again and was reminded by my naturopathic doctor that I have to give up dairy. The casein in it can cause a host of problems.

That includes butter, cheese, dairy products. I had given up milk, but guess the other ones have to go, too. Some people just cannot do dairy products, and you may fit into that category.

I also read that whole flax seeds will help your hemorrhoids, if you haven't tried that. I do whole flax seeds in Stormy's Shake recipe, but can't attest to it helping the hemorrhoids as I don't have them anymore, but just thought I'd pass that along as I do remember reading that whole flax seeds might be beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Sbilek
  17. SherylD

SherylD Guest

What is NAET?..

I do the flax seed in my shake everyday..Not whole though..Does that matter?? I had cut back on it a little but the last few days I increased it again.. I can tell when I don't eat that many almonds too. Those help.

I think when it is time for my period everything gets worse.. even the hemorrhoids. Plus I think I get a little constipated around that time so it all goes together...

I am feeling a little better.. I have been putting the aloe on there. It does give some relief.

Thanks,
    SherylD
  18. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Sheryl,

Yes, according to that article I read, it said to use the whole flax seeds. I can't remember why, but I just remember that.

Interesting, I'm post menopause now, but I remember now that you mentioned it that before my period the situation would worsen.

NAET, you can do a search on the web, possibly there might be a practitioner in your area that does this, but it's an allergy elimination process that desensitizes your body to allergens and reprograms the thinking of yuor body, kind of like a circuit on a computer board.

More and more doctors and health practitioners are incorporating this into their practice. It's been around now for almost 20 years, I think.

REally does work, not only gets rid of your allergies, allergies you might not even know you have, but improves your immune system and lots of other benefits. Of course, a major improvement for me was the hemorrhoid issue.
    You might want to check into it.

You could try cutting out the gluten and dairy, if you haven't already. Those two really play havoc with our bodies, at least for some of us.

Sbilek
  19. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I was just saying how I was going to cut out the dairy.. I have already done the sugar.. Now will be dairy. I think I will do one thing at a time.

My son goes to an allergist.. I was thinking of talking to him about some things..I really like this Dr. So I thought I would start there.

My son has terrible allergies...

Thanks for everything

SherylD
  20. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Proctofoam really helped me without the greasy feeling of ointments. Has about the same ingredients as the Anapram HCL., but a light foam with an applicator to get inside. And I also agree with the Desitin baby ointment after the worse slows down.

TKC