Hemp seeds to lower cholesterol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, May 24, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

A friend has very high cholesterol, tried the Lipitor and immediately had liver damage. He's recently started grinding up hemp seeds and putting them in a breakfast shake. It's working!!!!! So I recommended it to my son. He told me that even though it's a form of MJ it has no drug in it, HOWEVER, sometimes a drug test will come back positive from this and also from eating a bagel with poppy seeds.

I wanted to pass this on to others who might have a cholesterol problem and want to try this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just legalize MJ so it can be taxed and the quality controlled? Then, people could use it for whatever medical benefits it delivers. Outlawing it doesn't stop the use, it just creates cash businesses linked to crime in this country and Mexico. We spend billions of the War On Drugs which is a failure, just as was Prohibition. We never learn. I'm not advocating breaking the law; I'm advocating for changing our laws.

Love, Mikie
  3. KerryK

KerryK Member

Great comment Mikie. I use nabilone for my pain and sleep issues. It is one of the most tolerable and helpful pills I have used for my FMS. I have tried everything else. Nabilone is synthetic cannabinoid. If I was no longer able to get it, I would be on the streets buying MJ. These laws, even here in Canada, are a cruel piece of nonsense.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad you can get this med. MJ and hemp are such useful plant-based products. Even hemp scares the daylights out of the Reefer Madness uninformed camp. Thanks for your positive post about the benefit of Nabilone. I'm so glad it helps you.

Love, Mikie