Hensue or others, question on pain meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Dec 17, 2010.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

Is one vicodan equivalent to one darvocet? or is vicodan a bit stronger?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

they are different compounds. I believe vicodan is stronger. i would call your pharmacist.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Vicodin is stronger. Darvocet is for more mild pain. Many people that I know (pharmacy manager being one of them) thought it should be over the counter med!

Your Dr. would have to do the comparison doses.
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

Jam that is interesting what you say, in some ways i do feel the darvon worked on my spine pain better, I mean even half a darvon seemed better than half a vicodan.....but they are different, its hard to compare, the darvon seemed to help the spine pain better but I think the vicodan helps the low energy pain, gives a bit more energy perhaps.

I heard about those studies saying darvon was as good as o-t-c but that was not my experience at all! There are just so many individual difs, perhaps darvon darvocet was a good one for mcs and cfs people cus its not hard to break down in the body, its not tricky in the p450 cytochrome system. and o-t-c stuff like tylenol and ibuprofen I could totally do without, hardly touches spine pain whereas the darvon did, and the vicodan does too. I got vicoprofen so I wouldnt have to take tylenol every day, it does nothing for me so why make my body break it down.