Hepapressin & Immunoprop: How long?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Queen_R, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Queen_R

Queen_R New Member

I had my first injection of Hepapressin (with the B12 and other minerals) at Dr. Enlander's office in NYC the other day. I also took home my first bottle of Immunoprop. I'll be going back each week for the injection. My blood tests showed elevated antibodies to the HHV-6 virus in what looked like a reactivation to the virus, which, I understand, is common in CFS and FMS. I feel very hopeful with this doctor because prior to this I'd only been treated by rheumatologists who put me on sedating antidepressants and the horrible drug Vioxx.

Anyhow, the doctor said it can take up to 8 weeks to feel some improvement. I have fibromyalgia, but Dr. Enlander said that I also seem to have chronic fatigue based on my symptoms (and I won't argue; I've just always tried to "ignore" that aspect so I can keep going). It was hard to get a reading of what Dr. Enlander was like at my very first visit because he was occupied taking an assessment of my symptoms (which have lasted for 21 years; I'm 33) and doing a thorough exam, which was good, I thought, but this second visit really left me with a great impression of him. I felt a genuine, deep concern and interest in treating people with CFS/FMS on his part.

Anyhow, I've been wondering, if you have fibromyalgia and have received treatement by Dr. Enlander, HOW LONG did it take you to start to feel better?

And do you have the take these injections and this Immunprop indefinitely -- i.e., for the rest of your life?

I'd do it for the rest of my life if I needed to -- hell, it's already been 21 years.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know we have members here who have been treated by this doc. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I've been seeing Dr. Enlander for 5 months now and have been taking the injections and pills. I primarily suffer from CFS and it took about 3 months before I could say I was seeing results. Keep in mind it's babysteps out of this mess, so look for even the slightest improvement.

At this time I have to admit that I am functioning at least 25% better than I was before beginning the treatment. In that same timeframe I have been treating a low T3 with iodiene, sleep problems with Klonopin and Xyrem, and started Doxycycline so it's tough to pinpoint what exactly is working,,,,,probably all of the above. HHV6 is a common reactivation in PWC/PWF,,,I also had high levels of CMV and EBV.

I too was only seeing a general practioner and rhuemy and my treatment protocol consisted only of pain medication and antidepressants. I can't begin to describe how it felt to talk to Dr. E about CFS,,,,he really understands the illness and is up on all the new stuff coming down the tube.

I found him extremely compassionate and dedicated to helping PWC/PWF. I would highly recommed Dr. Enlander to anyone suffering from this terrible illness. You are fortunate to be able to go to his office for the injections. I live 7 hours away and it's a major trip to see him every 3 months but it's time and money well spent in my opinion. I have the shots and pills sent fed ex once a month and give myself the injections. He's great about understanding the distance factor and will work with people via email and the phone.

Before the hepapressin Dr. E was utitlizing kutapressin which from my research is more effective but was taken off the market due to some sort of financial problem with the manufacturer. Supposedly kuta will be back sometime in 2005 but marketed under a different name....keeping my fingers crossed.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My treatments sound very similar to what this doc is doing and it has taken a long time to see results, but little by little, I am making progress.

It took 2 1/2 years for the Doxycycline to control the mycoplasmas which triggered my ilnesses full blown. I took Famvir, an antiviral, and it really helped. It also helped to take Heparin injections for 2 1/2 months to rid my blood of excess fibrin.

I am now only taking transfer factors and after 3 months on them, am pulsing them for 3 days every 6 weeks. While on the TF's, I Herxed 5 times and Herxed once recently when I pulsed on them for the 3-day "booster."

All these protocols are designed to rid our bodies of the chronic infections which keep us so sick. I do not think we can heal until these infections are addressed.

Good luck to all who are stepping into fairly uncharted waters to try these cutting-edge treatments. I've had these illnesses all my life, but they were triggered full blown 14 years ago. Four years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain. It's taken me 4 years to develop my regimen, but I am so much better than I was then.

I am still not capable of working and I have to be very careful with not overdoing it. I've been sick a long time and I know I will not get well overnight, but it's something to shoot for considering the progress I've made.

Keep us updated as there are so many new people here and they need to know that our illnesses are not hopeless. They also need to know that we may have to go to more experimental treatments in order to heal.

Love, Mikie
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

6. koko_love

koko_love New Member

Hi,
    I am so curious...what do you think of Dr. Enlander. I just started seeing him 8 weeks ago and have been giving myself the injections and taking Immunoprop as well. He has since added a 3rd 'cockail'. I haven't seen any result. However, he did say everyone is different.
    What do you think?

Thank you