Heparin Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pawprints, Apr 26, 2006.

1. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I was doing 5000 cc 2 xday of the Heparin. My last blood tests required my dose be raised to .75cc of a 10,000 vial 2 xday.

Any comments?

I also seem to have drier skin. Is this a side effect or just because I cut out Vitamin E when I started Heparin?

Thanks for your help.
    Shana
  2. pawprints

pawprints New Member

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My skin is so dry all the time that I wouldn't know the difference. What I did notice with the Heparin is gross bloating around the middle and retention of fluids with swollen ankles. I also Herxed worse than with anything else, cept the transfer factors, while on the injections.

Even at 7,500 units, it's a small dose of the Heparin. Are you experiencing any symptoms of feeling fluish or Herxing? Good luck with the treatment.

Love, Mikie
  4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi Shana.

I'm also on Heparin right now. I started really slow I did 3000cc a day and now I'm doing 5000cc a day. Doc told me to do 5000cc 2x a day, but I'm really sensative I'm going to work my way up to that. So far, not too much herxing, but I'm starting to feel fluish and achy a bit. How about you? Are you herxing? I'm just kinda scared of the side effects. I've been getting constipated with this and today felt a bit dizzy, I think I'll call the doc. and see what he says.

Mikie did you feel dizzy when you were on Heparin?
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I don't think I'm herxing on it, but my stomach is so bloated and I continue to get some sick stomach feelings.

So maybe that is my way of Herxing. It also seemed to change my bathroom habits. So thinking once again, that too could be herxing.

I know the Heparin is important for me because all the stuff can hide without it.

Oh, one day at a time, but it feels tough today.

Thanks for your replies.
    Shana
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2006]