Heparin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Aug 31, 2006.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, everybody.
    I had my first visit to FCC clinic. the Dr wanted to give me Heparin injections for 2 months but it was too expensive $550, he did't give a prescription,

is there eny other place I can buy it??? any dr can prescrive it?? I have PPO insurance.

thank you.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It doesn't cost much at the pharmacy. The low molecular weight Heparin, which is taken under the tongue, is likely more expensive than the injections. Injecting in the stomach fat is easy to learn and almost painless if done correctly. Your doc's nurse at home can show you how to inject yourself or they could show you at the FFC.

I did it twice a day for about 2 1/2 months and it was nothing. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The board is moving fast and this is slipping again.

The Heparin was an enormous help in my endeavor to address the hypercoagulation, which often accompanies chronic infections.

The low doses of the Heparin are relatively safe and if the doc thinks it's important, he or she should be willing to prescribe it.

Love, Mikie
  5. acuario

acuario New Member

so much. for all your info.
    yes the doctor wanted me to learn to inject in my stomach and is ok with me. but he was mad at me because I didn't buy him the heparin so he didn' gave me the prescription.
    He charges so much. and because i have PPO insurance I can go to my pharmacy but I dont know what doctor would prescibe me Heparin. maybe a rheumatologist.
    the FCC doctor had my lab results and told me I have Candida, T3 low, Pregnenolone low, natural killer cells very low, prothrombin, high.

Mikie, can you tell me please what kind of improvements did you have with heparin??? what symptoms disappear with heparin??

thank you so much you are always of great help.

acuario
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Why this doc insisted on selling you the drug. Docs prescribe the med and syringes all the time. I'm not even sure it is ethical for him to do this according to standard medical practices. This is sad to hear because it is evidence that, at least, this doc and FFC is more interested in money than the patient. Most ins. co's. will pay for Rx's from docs outside the network.

I took the Heparin because it is part of Dr. Joseph Brewer's Protocol. I don't see him but my own doc and I used his treatment as a guideline. Most of us with chronic infections have fibrin overgrowth where pathogens can hide out. It also produces a low-oxygen environment in which pathogens thrive. The Heparin gets rid of the fibrin in the bloodstream and exposes the stealth pathogens to the body's immune system. The Heparin improves the blood's ability to deliver more oxygen to the body. You can go to the HEMEX Lab website and read more about the tests and Heparin treatment.

When the Heparin started to work, the immune response was the worst I've encountered. I retained fluid, my lymph nodes swelled, my throat was sore, and I had headaches. I was also very exhausted. This is similar to other treatments which deal with killing off pathogens or exposing them to the immune system. The Heparin worked with the transfer factors to help clean out some of the pathogens which had been making me sick. I could only tolerate the Heparin for 2 1/2 months before I started to bleed from the injection sites and my doc and I decided that was enough. Dr. Brewer usually has his patients on sublingual low molecular weight Heparin for six months.

I would talk to the FFC doc and if he wouldn't prescribe, I would speak to the head doc. This just isn't right. Let us know how it goes.

Love, Mikie

7. pawprints

pawprints New Member

My FFC doc called mine into my pharmacy and I just had to pay my co-pay. I am off them now, b/c the injection sites are too bruised.

Please talk to someone else in that office or call the FFC main headquarters. Something does not sound right?

Mikie...have your bruises all disappeared. I still have mine after being off it since July?

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It has been more than a year since I've taken the injections. I need to schedule my new bloodwork and I've asked for a SED rate. Mine was down to a 1 at one point before the Heparin. Last time I was tested, it was at 5. A low SED rate, while not definitive, can be an indication of hypocoagulation. Due to the costs of the tests at the HEMEX Labs and my being in an HMO, my doc and I did the Heparin empirically.

I didn't have a lot of bruising but, yes, what I had did last a looooong time. My problem was that I started to bleed through the injections onto my clothing. I had to start putting bandaids on the injection sites. They weren't clotting, so my doc and I decided to stop them.

The theory is that somehow, the pathogens cause the fibrin overgrowth to control their environment and keep it low oxygen. When the pathogen load comes down, the hypercoagulation should take care of itself. I hope that is the case.

I've made so much progress through all these varied treatments. I believe we have to address the infections or we cannot heal. Still, most of us have been sick a very long time and probably infected for years. It just takes forever to make progress and we can regress from time to time.

This is why I was so excited to see the FFC's because they pretty much follow the treatment regimen which has helped me. Reading about this doc is very distressing. I think it could, and should, be straightened out.

Pawprints, how long were you able to take the injections? I think any fibrin we are able to get rid of helps. Have you had an immune response? At the end, I did try to taper down to one injection a day instead of two but I still had to quit.

Love, Mikie
  9. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I took the Heparin for almost 10 months. I have now switched to herbal remedies to break up the fibrin, like Lumbrikinose and Nattokinase.

I did not have the Hemex panel redone either because of the cost. I was just concerned b/c my doctor has not seen my stomach and I thought the spots should have gone away by now. He stopped me just because he thought the time period was enough.

Yes, I did suffer an immune response when I first began the Heparin. I seem to do that with all new treatments. That is why I only start one thing at a time if at all possible.

I hope I answered all your questions. I can never remember the questions from the time I read them to when I write the reply.

Glad we were safe from this last storm.
    Pawprints
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I suspect your doc is right. As I mentioned, Dr. Brewer keeps his patients on the Heparin for six months. I've never had an immune response as strong as the one on the Heparin. I cannot tolerate the enzymes or I would have done them.

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm always a bit curious about these cutting-edge treatments and how others are doing on them and how they are doing them. With the FFC's, they will likely become more mainstream. Thanks for answering my questions.

Ernesto is riling up the NE but it seems to be losing strength now. I hope so. They are watching a couple of depressions coming off Africa. I hope and pray they don't amount to anything. After the last couple of years, we deserve a break.

Love, Mikie
  11. acuario

acuario New Member

thank you so much, again for all your info. I will try to get again this prescroption or talk to somebody else.
    acuario
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Why did you get these shots ?I was given these shots when I was in the hospital.I had terrible swelling in my stomach and pain. They said they were giving me these shots in my stomach .I got about 5 shots in a couple days .

I thought it was for pain but I'm not sure now

I also was told it was a blood thiner because I was in bed so much they did not want me to get blood clots.I'm wondering if it was for other reasons also?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2006]
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was likely used to thin the blood to try to prevent the blood clots. My stomach swelled something horrible when I was on the shots.

When we take it to clean up fibrin in connection to pathogens, we take a much smaller dose than is used for blood thinning purposes. It still thins the blood but the real goal is to eliminate the pockets where pathogens can hide from the immune system.

When there is fibrin overgrowth, platelets can get caught up in the fibrin in blood vessels and, paradoxically, one can hemmorage as the platelets cannot get to the wound site.

You could ask your doc about the use of the Heparin. After surgery, they made me kick my legs as much as possible to keep the circulation good to avoid clots.

Love, Mikie
  14. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi Mikie, so now I know I have candida, fibrin in my blood and that I need Heparin. is it possible that people have both bacterial and viral infections? I would like to test for EBV and HHV6. do you know if people can take both antivirus and antibiotics???

thank you so much.

acuario
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have bacterial, viral, and fungal infections all at the same time. Many of us do. Some may be primary infections and some may be infections of opportunity which infect, or reactivate, when we get sick with the primary infection.

We knew it was a mycoplasma bacterium which triggered my illnesses full blown and I responded to the ABX which was Rx'd on an empirical basis years after the initial infection when the mycoplasmas had gone chronic in my body.

It was a fluke that it was discovered that I had some kind of viral infection when I was given Famvir as a preventive prior to facial surgery. I went into a complete, but temporary, remission. It is likely that I have one or more chronic Herpes-Family virus(es) which reactivate when I get run down.

There are a whole host of test which your doc can order to try to identify which infections are active. Or, he/she can try an antiviral and see what happens. I really like the transfer factors for stubborn Herpes-Family viruses. This is especially true for HHV-6 which doesn't respond well to AV's.

I do not have fungal infections but I think that is because I have used probiotics for years. I did take the ABX and AV at the same time. Later, when I took the Heparin, I had switched to the transfer factors.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  16. acuario

acuario New Member

thank you for all your info.
  17. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My numbers on Hypercagulation were off the charts. I also did Heperin for 8 months and although scary at first it was really not that big of a deal. I took Lumbrokinase too. It breaks the fibrins down and the heperin ets them into the blood stream and off the walls of the vein. They serve two different functions.

Now my hypercoagulation is completely mormal and I am tons better. Mine was prescribed through the pharmacy and my insurance paid for it. If you have trouble giving yourself injections there is a device on diabeticsexpress.com called the Accuject. You just load the syringe and push a button and it gives you the shot and dose all at the same time. Also after each injection ice it (I used frozen peas) for 20 minutes or so and this aliviates the swelling and discomfort alot!! Eventually that goes away (about two weeks) Good Luck Lynn
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are different types of hypercoagulation. Heparin can be used in different situations. Many of us have used it for overgrowth of fibrin, which often accompanies chronic infections of long standing. There is a lot more info on this at the HEMEX Lab website.

Love, Mikie
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our illnesses can manifest in so many ways. Many of us suffer from hypercoagulation. A Staph infection, or any infection, can contribute to the severity of our illnesses. Mercury at high levels in the body, some call it mercury poisoning, can produce symptoms like CFIDS.

Sometimes it is very difficult to get an exact diagnosis. For example, many have been diagnosed with CFIDS only to find out that they have Lyme Disease. Same with mercury poisoning. Even with such diagnoses, people can be considered to also have CFIDS if their primary conditions lead to the symptoms considered to be definitive of CFIDS.

There are no really clear-cut answers. I wish I could be more helpful. Your docs may be doing the best they can. It isn't always easy for them. Are they doing anything to remove the mercury and control the Staph?

Love, Mikie
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator