herbal Antiboitics & anti virals

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kat0465, May 6, 2009.

1. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Just wondering, how many on here has gone the more natural route to treating thier Lyme Infection??

i have been doing tons of research, so i will know all my options.i am still waiting on my appt to do my western Blot for lyme, but want to kinda have a game plane before i jump off into any one protocol.

If Ins dosen't pay for much, i dont have the $$ to be running in all kind of directions, although i know it's a crap shoot with Lyme.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Kat
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Kat,

I have not tried the natural route, but just wanted to pass along some info:

My LLMD says that even though some of the natural treatments have a place in helping a person who is mostly recovered from lyme stay better...he does not feel that anyone will really recover from using just natural protocols.

He said it is proven that there is no subsitute for the long term combination antibiotic therapy.

Good luck!
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i kinda figured as much, just trying to wade thru all the info about supplements & abx.
    it's all very overwhelming :(

Take care,
    Kat
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

For the last six months I've tried just herbs, Samento, Cumanda, Filisia, Simba and Lauricidin.

I can't honestly say I feel any different although perhaps I was hoping for too much as I have been severely affected and house bound for 22 years.

Antibiotics made me very ill but I think I will have to try them again.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Garlic doesn't work, tried tons of that.

Cat's Claw was too strong for me and I had to stop it.

I've tried lots of things, including a grocery list of antibiotics, nothing has worked.

There is one herb I was interested in trying, but never did. Sarsparilla is supposed to help. But I never took it because I heard it can be hard on the kidneys.

I don't know what else to try now. I've just been focusing on trying to build my immune system up a bit.
  6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I spoke too soon, my last live blood microscopy showed very few Lyme bacteria & no parasites left after taking the herbs for 6 months (although they hide out other places than blood).

However, my Lyme doctor thinks I have mitochondrial dysfunction & I'm saving up for Dr Myhill's test..
  7. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

It seems like your on the right track!! i know your not feeling much better, but remember it's like peeling an onion,now you just have to find out what the next layer is going to be.

That sure gives me hope, as i will probably be relying heavily on Supplements and other things along with abx
    Good Luck!
    Kat
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Thanks kat, I do hope the herbs etc work for you, they are much gentler than the antibiotics.

I'm taking another 12 week course of 3 different antibiotics to see if they help my severe bladder problems, and then will be taking just the herbs long term to stop the remaining bacteria multiplying again.

9. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

what are you taking for the bladder problems. Seems I can't do antibiotic's for lyme due to fungal issues (even on diet and diflucan), naturals are bad on my IC, severe pain within 1 day.
  10. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My mom has had good success with Aloe Vera (mannose). It keeps the e.coli from sticking to the bladder wall better than cranberry.

I'm taking doxycycline for Lyme and nystatin for candida.
    Is Kat = Katerina from the EndFatigue board?

I'm researching the herbal stuff but my budget is in deficit right now. So I'm stuck with dox for awhile.
  11. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Any changes so far with the herbal therapy?

I'm on 400mg of doxycycline and am quite sick of tasting it all day. Nausea is quite debilitating. I can't drink enough water.
  12. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I found when I was on doxycycline that the nausea was less if I ate alot of food with it.

My LLMD told me to bury the doxy in food in my stomach......eat part of a meal....take the doxy and eat the rest of the meal.

I still got nauseated occasionally, but more often than not it helped me to do this.

Hope you feel better soon.