Herbal muscle relaxants?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Dec 31, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Anyone found a good one?

Thanks & LIGHT***************carole
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

chamomile is mild and relaxing on the stomach. Mild drowsiness. Valerian smells bad, can upset the stomach and causes strong drowsiness.

I've read about a mustard polstice, where the mustard increases circulation in the area where applied. Cheesecloth or gauze is soaked in ground mustard seed. I haven't used so I'll leave it up to you.

If UR low in electrolytes the magnesium, potassium and calcium work great. For CFS, I would make sure to get a good = expensive vitamin/mineral supplement.

If you have a pinched nerve in the vertebrae, a visit to a chiropractor would be great. I use the edge of a door post to feel a vertebrae out of place. I then use a tennis ball on top of the mattress. I can roll my back until I feel the displaced vertebrae. Hold for 5~12 minutes, no longer as this will only induce stress cramping. A neck roll is great for neck vertebrae.

3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm still not able to take many supplements after my hospital visit. Miss my cal/mag alot, but have to wait a few more weeks to try it again.

Think I made my back worse doing the tennis ball thing, so that's "out", but making a chiropractic visit, as I am misaligned.

I usually do well on valerian supplements; there's a tincture I might try after I get adjusted.

Appreciate your feedback.

Healing Light*************carole