Herbs and fibro - the green stuff?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lumediluna, Feb 12, 2003.

1. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

OK,

I have to be totally honest here..... I know someone with FM, who on New years eve had some brownies.....tainted ones....and apparantly they were GOOD. Needless to say, the next day (after the brownie), they had NO, NONE, ZILCH pain! No migraine, no muscle pain/tension either. I heard someone say people use it for medicinal (sp) purposes. Have you heard of doctors prescribing it for FM/Pain? Have any of you used other herbs for FM, like chamomile and so forth? If so, can you let me know some suggestions of herbs to get at the local herb stores? Some of the meds I take don't work, some do, but there has got to be a natural way to help FM? Please help - it honestly is hard for me to grasp the FM and I try to keep up with the daily stuff and I am getting run down - almost like I am in denial about it and try to keep doing things that I know later I will regret and be in pain for - thanks for your suggestions :)

lume
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I imagine it could work lot any other drug it could reduce pain.

I too am looking into go the natural way or the holistic approach with my FM. I want to get off of these anti-depressants as soon as possible.

I would suggest assking at a health food store to see if they know about FM and herbs that are the best. I think it is trail and error like anything else. Make sure if you are taking and RX's from your doctor that you let your doctor know what herbs you are take in case of any interactions.
  3. ggks

ggks New Member

I do not have the slighest idea what "tainted brownies" are. Can someone enlighten me, please.
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

i have not had 'brownies' but i've smoked some dope (a spinner, half pot, half tobacco) and it does relieve my pain greatly. however, i'm asthmatic so this is not always a viable option. also, i have been raised so anti-drug that i get huge guilt trips every time i think of doing it. a friend wants to make me some pot tea.... actually making tea out of the pot..... will let you know how that turns out. i feel guilty just talking about this now!

phenom
  5. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

I appreciate the honesty of this discussion. I too was raised to think so anti drug that I would feel soooo guilty. But, if it can help then I want to know. What I would want to know is ? How can it hurt?
  6. lumediluna

lumediluna New Member

Hello,

Sorry so vague, but yes, it was pot. I agree, if it helps for the pain, then why not. I think it should be legal in America - alcohol is more deadly. Maybe we should all get some kind of petition going to send it to congress about it assisting with pain reduction in us patients. I don't smoke.....never smoked a cigarette in my life (can you beleive it) - I personally think it is disgusting, but the brownie thing I think I could handle. I am going to look into talking with some sort of doctor about it....not sure where to go for it though. I am a little afraid too as far as the side effects - never made them so how do you know how to make them and all that? Anyway, thanks for the reply's and glad to hear it helps with the pain. If it is natural, then why not for the pain - legally?!
  7. Vicky

Vicky New Member

if it helps you, why not? It was used for medical purposes for 100's of years, then the textile industry decided to demonize hemp and deprived (most of )the world of a lot of pleasure and pain relief.
    i live next door to the Netherlands, they have a very civilized attitude to it and nobody feels guilty!

personally i have times when it helps a lot, when the pain is moderate, but i find that during a really bad flare it's
    not so effective anymore, and it doesn't make me sleep so well. this probably because i've been depressed, and then it can make some people anxious... also i would never take in combination with any meds, it can make you feel really weird...
    there is also a difference between resin or grass, resin is alot heavier and makes you sleepier than grass.i've heard that in the US it's smoked pure, here it's nearly always with tobacco, or else a nice cake!
    but i think that anybody in pain should try it at least once
    if they can.
    hope you people stop feeling guilty and enjoy it ;)

vicky
  8. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

I used the ahem for several years, but recently decided to stop because of the cost and the availability. Yeah, yeah, I live in Los Angeles, but I hate driving to strange places and feeling stigmatized by friends and family. Plus, I think I need a change, after 4 years I think I was getting rebound headache. This is because I have occipital neuralgia headache (at the base of my skull radiating up to my eye) and variant migraine in addition to FMS/MPS/CFIDS, all of the "fun stuff."

I highly recommend trying it, it helped me relax my neck and shoulders and helped with neck and back pain and headache for years. You can buy the herbal vaporizer on ebay, it cuts out a lot of the ash and chemicals that pipes create by burning the herb . . .

Any more info, contact me

Love April
  9. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

Please bump me!
    April
  10. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

Hi, just wanted to say that those of you who feel guilty, first of all, shouldnt; but you can purchase a legalized form of weed right over the net. Those of you interested, it's much cheaper than the street weed and legal as well, may not be as potent(sp) but can help;-) order on line, recive in mail box. Do a search and you should find what you need.

Melanie
  11. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

Hi, just wanted to say that those of you who feel guilty, first of all, shouldnt; but you can purchase a legalized form of weed right over the net. Those of you interested, it's much cheaper than the street weed and legal as well, may not be as potent(sp) but can help;-) order on line, recive in mail box. Do a search and you should find what you need.

Melanie