Here I am Again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mahx, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mahx

mahx New Member

Well, hello everyone.

Here I am again. I first came here a few years ago, as a very ill person. I talked to alot of people in here( everyday). I read everything i could. I tried numerous things to help my health improve. And it did. Most symptoms went away, for the most part. I still had some bad days, but not bad weeks or months as before. I even went back to work. which left little time for coming here. Things seemed to get back to normal ( whatever that is). I think i even convinced myself, at least to some degree, that I must not have really had Fibro...or the 100 other things that accompany it. Then in Sept, I was hit with my first bout of IBS. I have been in a steady decline since. So, here I am again. Taking a sick day, talking to you nice people. In more pain then i have been in years. And i must admit, feeling a bit sorry for myself. Everything seems brand new to me AGAIN. SO, much has changed...with this site, yet soo much is still the same. I am feeling overwhelmed and depressed. For awhile i had almost forgotten what is was like to feel this way. Now I am beginning to forget being pain free. Thanks for letting me vent. Hope to be talking to my old friends and some new ones soon. MA
  2. star273

star273 New Member

I did the same thing about 2 years ago... I think the main thing for me was that you have to accept that you have all of these things. Thats what it took for me. I have to admit I am not all the way there yet, but I am on my way. :)
    Its hard to go from feeling fine to progressevely feeling worse and on top of it not knowing what to do with it and how to treat it, what Dr. to see and where to go from here. I know exactly what you are feeling and I am so sorry. I was not working and then I went to work part time. I am sorry now that I am working. It has been one of the hardest things I have had to do. Its hard to be on a schedule all the time and having to be somewhere first thing in the morning, especially feeling the way we do.
    All I can say is do as much research as you can, get the help you need. Visit this board from time to time and hang in there with the rest of us.. There is a great group of people here who have helped me tremendously. Hopefully we can all help you.

Hugs to you...