Here I am again!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilaclover30, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have been gone so long that I read the last and the current vol. and don't know some of you! Glad to meet you!

Life never seems to be calm. Hubby was in the hospital for 7 days with, of all things, constipation! Terribly sick too! N.H. did all they could do for him. He is back to what he now calls "home". I would love to have him home but I just can't do it. I hurt too much. Came "home" the first of this week.

Do things go wrong at home when you are on your last leg? The man from car repair just came and said he serviced the car but the brakes need to be replaced later. Doesn't THINK they will go out!! Joy, joy

Then the bathroom faucet dripped endlessly but SIL came at a good time to stop that. Toilet ran over------I can't even remember all the other trials that happened.

Our children have been so good to come frequently. One has an hr. and 20 min. drive, anogher 2 hr. drive and daughter, 345 mil. We had more extended paper work that had to be done this week to keep hubby in Medicaid That is embarassing but------can't afford $3700 as mon.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hurt!!!! My neck hurts so much----crocked vertabra. Then my arms from the shoulder down "go to sleep" at night and stay that way. I wake up with neuropathy in hands. So, the Dr. had me have a CATscan Mon. plus blood work. Of course, that type of X-rays never get back to Dr. for a long time. Thought that maybe there is a pinched nerve somewhere. The my feet hurt so much-----. What doesn't hurt/ Asked Dr. if this is REALLY FM? Repeated symptoms and smiled. So in spite of many doubts in family and with friends, it is!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our littlest great grandson is now 8 weeks old! Looks nothing at all like the others-----but is a squeezable bundle of joy. Haven't seen him yet-----N.C. is a long way from IN. In fact, haven't seen the other 2 since Aug. So lonesome for them. Have a wedding in June and Arabella is flower-girl so then I hope to see her and her mom and the baby.

My activities are just about nil. I go to coffee in our church fellowship hall Mon. thru Fri. and to church on Sun.When you arealone, friends seem to dessert you~~~~~~~~~~. And when ailing, they do to~~~~~~~~.

I have jabbered on long enough for now. Wanted you to know that at least we are both alive and kicking. (Oh, that isn't true at all!! I do good to get my feet off of the floor!)

I hope to find a spare min. that I am not too tired to get back into the swing of things.

Gentle Hugs to all of you,

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you again, but sorry you have so much bad news. I hope the drs can find something
    to help. And the June wedding gives you something to look forward to. Think the new grandson will
    be there?

I have two grand nephews now; both toddlers. My brother, their granddad, sent me a DVD of them at play.
    Almost as good as a visit.

Isn't your name Joan? My brain is getting to be just like Teflon. Nothing makes an impression anymore.

Hope some good things come your way soon.

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

When it rains it pours, eh? I have 2 grandson ages 3 and 1 1/2 and a granddaughter 6 yrs old. We are expecting a new grandbaby in September. they all give me such joy as do my 4 daughters ages 25, 23, 12, 9.

I am mostly housebound except for doctor visits and short trips out.

It is nice to get to know you a little...take care and I hope to chat with you again.

BILLCAMO New Member

My lilacs will be blooming shortly.......If I could direct the wind , I'd steer it in your direction.

Blessings ,

5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Hi Honey!!!!! We missed you lots, but I see you had good reasons to be gone for awhile, you have had a lot going on in your life, especially taking care of your dear hubby. I am so glad that your kids are their for you, but you are one special lady and I am sure they would do anything in the world for you. They are lucky to have you in their life. Just think if it wasn't for you and hubby they all wouldn;t be here, LOL.

I also will pray that you can find some relief with your pains that are going on. That has to be so uncomfortable at night to deal with that.

I hope you do come back frequently and visit, we love having you here.

Love & Prayers,

6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So glad to hear from you. We've been missing you, especially on the Porch. However, we do understand . Come ane visit us when you get the chance to.

I am so sorry to hear about your DH having to be hospitalized as well as all your pain, etc. etc. You are so lucky though to have loving children even if they live far away are coming to help as much as they can.

Yes, you do hae some things to look forwards to - the wedding and the new great grand baby. How old is Ara bella. She must be awfully grown up by now (-: !

Byte for now my dear. Please do eep in touch with us all. We all do love you.