Here I Go Again! Could This Be Fibro Flare?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Sep 2, 2005.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

As I just said in a reply on another thread, I am now going through my second roudn of oral thrush in about a month.

Now I'm wondering if I may be going through a fibro flare. I feel more achy than ever, and I'm having a lot of jaw and toothpain. The latter may be partly fibro related, but it also may be dental, since the tooth is temperature sensitive--both to cold and to hot. I may need a root canal job--and the affected tooth/teeth are under a bridge I only recently had made for my lower right molars.

My pain is mostly in the lower back and down my leg (usually in front or on the side). I had that for a long time on the right side, but more recently, it's started on the left side, either alterning with or in addition to what's going on on the right side.

Does this sound like a fibro flare?

---Laura
  2. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

It sounds like a bad tooth. Yeast is so hard to get rid of that if ths is the 2nd time in a month - yo uprobably didn't get rid of it all the way the first time around.

Pay close attention to your body for the next few days. If your pain increases along with everything else that goes wrong - you're probbly in a flare.

you're body may be 'balancing'. I can't think of the right word for it at the moment. If you favor your left side then your right side has to pick up the slack and eventually gets tired and starts hurting too.

I know my advice sux - other than wait and see there's not much I can say except

(((((hugs))))))))

Michele
  3. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I saw my dentist today, and he realigned my bite. But I figured tht the temperature sensitivity, especially heat, meant a tooth problem. What I thought might be firbro was the achiness in my hips and legs, and the increased aching my jaw and ear, as well as my teeth. (Devin Sarlanyl's book shows an illustration of trigger points in the masseter muscle readiating to exactly the places where I hurt, and my dentist has told me for quite awhile--before the temperature sensitivity--that he thought the pain was referred from the masseter.)

I guess I'm just feeling frustrated with everything seeming to go at once, including the possibility that my multiple sclerosis may be progressing. (That actually seemed a little better today, though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe it was an undected UTI--the lab tests came back normal--or an MS exacerbation that went into at least partial remission.)

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

--Laura