Here I sit...hurting, again, wondering how I am going to manage..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlegirl, Nov 9, 2002.

1. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Well, here is another painful night. I sit here and everytime I get up I hurt. Everytime I think about working come Monday morning I get so friggin' depressed. I hurt so bad. Sometimes I don't think I will make it thru the day! I would like to be able to get on disability, but I don't know. Me and my husband are not in the financial position for me to quit. I know some of you are reading me whine and saying I am just another quitter. I am not a quitter I just feel like I need to let my body heal. I honestly don't know how much longer I can hold out. What should I do? How did some of you all do it? I mean, is there a point you just give in and give up? Did you have to go assistance to make it? Do you just ask the doctor to help you get on disabilty? Will the docs help? I feel like I am in a no win situation. Something has GOT to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Well, here is another painful night. I sit here and everytime I get up I hurt. Everytime I think about working come Monday morning I get so friggin' depressed. I hurt so bad. Sometimes I don't think I will make it thru the day! I would like to be able to get on disability, but I don't know. Me and my husband are not in the financial position for me to quit. I know some of you are reading me whine and saying I am just another quitter. I am not a quitter I just feel like I need to let my body heal. I honestly don't know how much longer I can hold out. What should I do? How did some of you all do it? I mean, is there a point you just give in and give up? Did you have to go assistance to make it? Do you just ask the doctor to help you get on disabilty? Will the docs help? I feel like I am in a no win situation. Something has GOT to give!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

but I feel overwhelmed and frustrated. Sorry to be so negative.
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey..poodlegirl---there is no shame in looking for comfort, when you need it. You do not need to apologize for asking others how they have coped in the same situation. You certainly arent a quitter or a whiner, either. Proof is in the pudding--you are still managing to be tough as nails, when you feel so bad, and work.
    I can't help you with the disability questions--it isn't something I have even approached yet. I just wanted to tell you, that I am sorry you are having such a bad time of it. Give yourself some credit, for the coping that you are doing, I admire you.
    Hoping you feel better,soon.
    Karen
    BTW---I would love to see some of your dog sculptures...what is your ebay seller name?[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2002]
  5. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I can't hardly type for crying but thanks so much for your words! Maybe if I keep reading them over and over this pain will go away.
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

So sorry that you are having a hard time. Could it be the winter weather setting in? I have been in a pretty severe flare for a few days now. Our typical rainy winter began in earnest yesterday. I don't know what to tell you about applying for disability. You have a 6 month wait at least before your checks start coming. Most people are denied the first time. It all depends on how your doctor writes up the forms. If you are thinking about it, you should ask your doctor if he is willing to help you. I had no choice but to retire from my job. I was a city bus driver and had started making some pretty serious mistakes that could have endangered my passengers. I have a small pension that I hope will stretch until SSDI starts. I am 55, so that is in my favor I think. I should hear something in December or January. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Kathryn
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

No need to explain your feeling down and out~I felt the very same way for so long,and still do once in a while.
    As for the disability-Only you know how hard your job is pushing you.for me,It got to the point where I knew that my work was breaking me!I was in retail management and a big part of my job was unloading weekly trucks!When I went before the judge-I told him i'd be willing to do part-time work but that full time was just way too much.
    I had a couple Drs. fill out some needed info for SSI.I was going to PT 3 times a week,and it took some time but I won my case.Also for some time I was able to get foodstamps which helped me&my children out a great deal~
    I miss working but realize that at this time i'm unable to do it.Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Warm regards,
    Tracey