Here is a cancer,cfids and fms update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy1, Feb 13, 2003.

1. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Hey old friends and new;
    Well,I've had a lumpectomy and re-excision, learned that the low temps of operating rooms and metal tables= FMS muscel pain big time! So told surgeon, next re-excision they put a plastic hose under my knees with warm air, I could walk without pain! Now their is the question of treatment.After surgeon said full chemo and then radiation; and the oncologist wanted radiation plus hormone therpy; I went to our nearest cancer center [M.D.Anderson} and the breast cancer medical oncologist agreed with surgeon, he said, he has several" Survivors" who also have FMS & CFIDS.
    I'm now anticipating 6 months of chemo. and then 6weeks of radiation,plus 5 yrs. of hormone therepy. Of course the side effects are about the same as the symptums of our DX.
    Fatique and muscel pain: low grade fever and sweats,HOW I WILL TEll What Is Causeing What is going to be a real challenge.One good thing is having our dx. has taught me alot of coping skills! My favorate being just lay on the couch and read a good book!
    God Bless You Guys,Pray for Me!
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2003]
  2. LErdman

LErdman New Member

You sound like you have a good attitude. They say that helps with recovery of many ailments. Hoping and praying everything goes well for you.

I know now that tanning beds are not healthy BUT, years ago I would go to the salon and it felt SOOO good with the warm heat all over your body! Really helped the Fibro Pain.
  3. ozgran

ozgran New Member

you hvae my prayers too. love Ozgran.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My prayers are with you. St. Peregrin is the patron saint of cancer and St. Anthony has been a healer and many miracles have been attributed to him.

Please know you are in our thoughts as you go through this treatment and we are all wishing you healing and sending our love.

Love, Mikie
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

..You are an inspiration to all of us, facing all this with as positive an attitude as you can. We will certainly be praying for you & thinking of you as you go through the chemo, etc.---please let us know how you are doing!

I admire your courage in the face of these challenges, Sandy. Best of luck to you!

Healing Hugs,
    Pam
  6. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all this..I will say a prayer and hope that all goes well for you.

Take good care of yourself and if/when you get a bad day..please come here..we will support you the best way we know how. ..Sherry
  7. NANCEA

NANCEA New Member

SANDY, SO SORRY YOUR HAVING A ROUGH TIME. WE WILL KEEP YOU IN OUR PRAYERS. GOD IS SUCH A GREAT GOD AND WE KNOW WE'RE NEVER ALONE. IT MAKES FACING THE MOUNTAINS EASIER TO CLIMB AND THE VALLEYS MUCH SWEETER.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!
    NANCY
  8. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Hey Sandy

It sounds like we will be having identical treatment. I'm hoping to go to MD Anderson just to make sure, though.

I did talk to my CFS doctor and of course she has many patients who have been through this and she was reassuring. We will get through the treatment. We're used to things being tough, right? The power of prayer/postive thoughts is very strong. I'm sending the power your way! Diane