Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenn_c, Sep 1, 2008.

1. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Name 1 good thing that has happend since becoming sick. I'll start.
    I can not work- BUT I get to spend MORE time with my KIDS.
    I would love to here yours.

2. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I get to spend more time with my grandkids buttttttttt boy do they wear me out.

3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Lost that last thirty pounds I always wanted gone, and kept it off. Now I can wear anything!
  4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

for your weightloss. That is huge!! SEE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOOD. For you and kittijoe thanks for sharing.

5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

every now and then. I have another "good" thing to add. I found everyone here. Jenn
  6. gongee

gongee New Member

Actually it is very hard to pinpoint one thing that has been good since becoming sick, but the one that comes to mind first is, I was able to spend every minute to the end with my dying mom. If I had of still been working, I would have missed out on those wonderful days.
  7. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have 2- I am home with my pets...and when I feel half decent I go fishing. ( but pay for it for the next 2 days.

Oh well...
  8. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I get to see my new grandbaby more.
  9. misskoji

misskoji Member

Is that I'm now more empathetic to everyone around me, less judgemental, and patient. I already had an open mind, but this dd has brought me to a whole new level of acceptance, tolerance, and overall peace with others and the world around me

Other things-

I'm able to spend more time and focus on raising my son, really getting to know him, who he is on a deep level.

I've learned to enjoy just the simple things, where I took them for granted before.

Finding others who suffer where we can support, help and uplift one another.

Great thread Jenn,
    We need these!

10. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

He had surgery in the middle of June. Because I am out of work because of this DD, I was plannimg to go down for the week after. Fortunately/unfortunatelu he never recovered from the surgery and died on June 28th,2008.

Because I wasn't working, I was able to spemd the week before he died,with him,
  11. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

spending more time with family because can't work.

and now that i can't do dishes very often i love doing dishes now.

great idea on thread there are positives i think we forget to look at because we are so focused on getting through pain or a flare.

wishing all a great day.
  12. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I was going to put another good thing, and I forgot (DUH LMAO) Oh now I remember, It leaves me time to go to my therapy and doctors appointments. And also my witch of a cat likes me beacause I am home. Jenn
  13. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I got to re-evaluate my whole life and created a life where I feel more authentic and genuine and know myself WAY better than most people my age.

14. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I like that term. I've re-evaluated what's really important. I'm proud to say that I've always taken the time to 'stop and smell the roses', but this DD really makes you do that. I have also been a very empathic and grateful person, but it is now magnified tenfold.
    I've become more in touch with myself.
    I've learned a lot about other people, that's for sure. I've also learned to accept help/caring from others. I used to be THE caregiver. I've learned - or am still learning I should say, that's it's okay to be cared for - to be thought of, to be concerned about.

I must say that Fibro has also amazingly helped my marriage I believe. I appreciate my husband more than ever. The things that used to drive me nuts about him or our relationship, I've realized are not that important. What he does for me, how he cares deeply for me far outweigh the other things.

I've realized, once again, that my life is not one that will be breezed through, like many others it seems. It never has been, I guess it never will be. Out of each challenge and loss, comes hidden blessings with patience and perseverence. I have a feeling that many of the "good things" I may not realize until much much later.
    As with every other challenge or obstacle I've faced, I've always hoped that I have been able to help someone else through their own struggles in some way.

I've also realized through this wonderful board that I am FAR from being alone. What a blessing that is! With such an isolating 'condition', it is truly a gift to find others who are there to share a common bond, to have an ear or a shoulder to lean on.

Oh and I'm learning not to feel guilty when I get all cozy on the couch with my favority comfy blanket watching HGTV -such a wonderful guilty pleasure!!!! =)
  15. meowee

meowee New Member

Great topic!

I found out how much my husband and family really care about me. I always knew they did, but this illness has shown me love and understanding from them I never knew was there.
  16. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Here is another good thing: Since fibro entered my life, I started to go to counseling to learn how to manage my stress and deal with my PTSD, anxiety and my past. I absolutely love my therapist and med nurse. I have noticed a difference on my approach to life.

17. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i was going down the wrong path in life when i got sick.

after i got sick, i began treating my wonderful mom much better that i had before. now, she is 73 and we have a great relationship.

i also intend, if i get well enough, to try harder to deal with my mental issues (bipolar, depression, anxiety, etc.) and conquer them, if i can.

i have a new apprecation for life and have become more spiriutal.

i am more aware of my actions having consequences.

great thread:)
  18. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member