here is the mi., 251 resolution fibro awareness day 5/12/06 read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

Thought you might like to see this

House Resolution No. 251.
    A resolution commemorating May 12, 2006, as Michigan Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.
    Whereas, Fibromyalgia is a disease with uncertain cause and no known cure. This chronic condition affects men, women, and children of all ages around the world, affecting an estimated 10 million people in the United States; and
    Whereas, Fibromyalgia is a very serious and chronic disease in which people suffer unbearable pain. Fibromyalgia causes these people to suffer in many ways including sleep fatigue, which is a disturbance of deep sleep and patterns of non-restorative sleep. They can also suffer various nervous system pains including neuropathic pain, central nervous system pain, transmitter or receptor dysfunction pain, headache, interstitial cystitis, dizziness, tingling sensations, lack of sensations, vision problems, noise sensitivity, dysfunctional bowels, and problems with memory functioning; and
    Whereas, This chronic condition makes daily activities nearly impossible. Patients are unable to lift objects even of light weight, have problems climbing and descending stairs, and any physical strain makes it difficult to conduct daily routines; and
    Whereas, A diagnosis of Fibromyalgia takes an average of five years. During this time the patient is enduring all this pain, he or she often faces discrimination at both the workplace and the community; and
    Whereas, The lack of public education makes Fibromyalgia difficult to treat, let alone diagnose. Public education and research on the causes and diagnosis of this illness would help to eliminate a misunderstanding of its conditions, and possibly make advances in diagnosis and treatment more feasible in the future; now, therefore, be it
    Resolved by the House of Representatives, That the members of this legislative body commemorate May 12, 2006, as Michigan Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.
    Pending the reference of the resolution to a committee,
    Rep. Ward moved that Rule 77 be suspended and the resolution be considered at this time.
    The motion prevailed, 3/5 of the members present voting therefor.
    The question being on the adoption of the resolution,
    The resolution was adopted.
    Reps. Zelenko, Accavitti, Adamini, Anderson, Bieda, Brown, Byrnes, Byrum, Cheeks, Clack, Condino, Cushingberry, Farrah, Gillard, Gleason, Gonzales, Hopgood, Kolb, Kathleen Law, Lemmons, III, Lemmons, Jr., Lipsey, Mayes, McDowell, Meisner, Mortimer, Murphy, Nitz, Plakas, Sak, Spade, Tobocman, Vagnozzi and Waters offered the following resolution:

my sister from michigan sent this to me in an email..wasn't that nice of her...

jodie[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is interested...

jodie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

even as sick as you are! nothing keeps you down for along concerning more awareness to these dd of fms/cfs

take care and get some rest if you can

jodie
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Jodie:

I like the definition they give. Thanks for posting!

nyrofan
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and my son showed me how to cut and paste...to do this last night...

i wondered how the heck yall could do it or type and remember all the infor in an ariticle...

may 12 is not far a way

jodie
  6. leubie

leubie New Member

Thanks for sharing this w/ us---------great info and explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!I am saving this !!!!!!!LOVE TO ALL---------LAURA
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

to their local congressman's and local newspapers and ask are we in the closet here in our states or am i missing something?
    or maybe give a nice copy of this to your dear ones...

jodie
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sisiter just called me from her job today...told me she had to do a project for her political science class and she came across this one...

jodie
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for posting this. I'm a Michigander, too. It's encouraging to see more and more awareness of FMS.

Ellen