Here we go again My classic life with fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Jun 11, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Here’s my latest Fibro story….. About a month ago I started in a mini flare… Wasn’t the worst I’ve ever been in but I was still miserable. As usual, after being in the flare for about 3 weeks or so I wore myself down and BAM! Viral infections. This time it stared off with my wife, who gave it to me who in turn gave it to my son and he has strep throat(but he’s doing good on antibiotics)…

This was last week… I ran a fever from Tuesday through Thursday evening. It was from 101 to 103.7 at it’s highest over those 3 days. I now feel absolutely horrible… I have ZERO energy and my body hurts so bad. Oh yeah, my night sweats have started back up and the past 3 nights I’ve had to change my shirt twice each night! It’s to the point it’s almost unbearable. I hate this cycle. I knew I really wasn’t feeling good when my buddy called me to go fishing on Saturday and I said no!!!!

I’m just now left wondering how long this flare will last now. Usually they last much longer when I get a viral infection during or when it causes the flare…. I guess only time will tell. If this one sticks around for a while it might motivate me to find a good doctor who will help treat me instead of someone who thinks I’m depressed!

Thanks for listening as this is going to be a LONG week!
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I had a similar infection back in march. I have CFIDS, but I'm the same way as far as flares go. If I relapse after getting sick with an infection, it lasts much longer than a normal relapse does. It was awful though, I had a fever ranging from 101 to 103 for 5 days straight. I could barely get out of bed without fainting, I had chills, night sweats, horrible joint pain, heart palpitations, etc. After day 5 of the fever, I had a sore throat which lasted for a couple more days. After that, I seemed to be okay for a couple of weeks, and then the flare started.

Now, it's about 3 months after that virus, and I'm still in a relapse. I run low-grade fevers 5 out of 7 days a week, I feel as I did when I had the virus, just without the high fever.

So, it's hard to say how long your flare will last. Hopefully it won't last too long, but it seems as if our bodies struggle to return to baseline after getting so sick.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

With you having FM/CF yourself, you know the hardship of living with these DD's... My wife doesn't and sometimes it's very hard for her to understand what I'm going through. I think being supportive is the best thing that can help your spouse.... Understanding that when he comes home from work and just want's to go to bed and not cut the grass can be totally helpful. My wife works full time as a pre-school teacher and we have a 6 year old son. She does alot but still relies on me to help out alto too(which I TOTALLY understand)... With the whole family being sick last week the house was a WRECK. So even feeling as bad I am, cleaned all the dishes and the kitchen and cleaned the living room for her this weekend as she tackled the bathroom and laundry(after going grocery shopping).
    I know the loss of income can be a very hard thing to deal with... I don't know your situation, but if my wife had to quit her job it'd be very hard on us. It'd put alot of stress on me but I'd understand as I'd want my wife to be happy and healthier even if it meant she didn't work..

I guess the biggest thing is to be supportive of your husband and remind him of his limits and make him realize you're doing it to help him! Hope this helps and if I didn't get to what you were looking for, let me know... My brain isn't working to well today!