Here we go again

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Dec 11, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

As most of you know it took almost 2 months to get rid of the bug I had last fall. Well I was out on the weekend with my son and girlfriend who both had colds and now I have a scratchy throat. I am really ticked and bummed. On Tues. I have to go for an assessment for Humira. I hope this won't affect it. Could you please breathe a prayer for me. Thanks.
    Cath
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Cath,

Lifting up prayers for you - is there anything you take that fights viral and bacterial infection right at the start of symptoms? We take Lactoferrin - I'll check on the label what it says.

My husband teaches elementary school - so we are always susceptible to catching their colds.

Maybe even though you love being with your son, it would be better to check if he has a cold or not. Just saying that because I get worried about how sick you get.

Was thinking of you today - will add to the post I started to you a while back.

Lots of love,
    Judy
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Judy: I haven't heard of that medication. I have little immunity and my body is so tired from fighting these past few years. My son didn't tell me he was sick until he showed up for dinner. Maybe he is trying to finish me off for the money I don't have lol. We are also concerned because of the new drug for ra which will further lower my immunity. I just have to keep onto God and know that He knows what He is doing and that He has a lot of splainin to do. lol.
    Cath
  4. LOVED

LOVED New Member

i am praying that the blood of JESUS CHRIST will completely cover you, heal and restore you. and that this will not impact your dr visit.

i have heard that if you take "airborne" it can help diminish the symptoms of a cold. it is the stuff invented by a teacher and used by people who fly. it is available at the drug store.
    also zinc.

loved
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

You know my prayers are with you every day. Will add this specific pray to my usual ones for you. Hang in there and take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

for all your concern and prayers.
    Cath
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry that you are coming down with something again, Cath! Have you ever tried zinc? If I take it right at the beginning when my throat is scratchy (one 50 mg tablet under the tongue twice a day) I can often ward things off.

I will pray that this doesn't develop into anything.

Love, Pepper
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your concern and prayers. I forget but there is something about zinc and echinachia that conflicts with some of my meds but I hear it is great for those who can take it. My son who started this says he feels great after taking it on Fri.
    Cath
  9. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I haven't tried it, but I've seen a product called Zycam advertised on Tv. It is supposed to make a cold go away much faster if taken at the first sign of a cold.

Heavenly Father,
    I just lift caffey up to you. It's no fun being sick, especially close to the holidays. I just pray that you would touch her and bring strength and healing back to her body. I just pray that this cold would go away and not interfere with her dr's visit. I ask all this, in Jesus' Name. Amen

Hope you feel better soon!
  10. caffey

caffey New Member

For your prayer. Thanks everyone. You are great. I just have a slightly sore throat but I am ok. Blessings.
    Cath
  11. webintrig

webintrig New Member

to get better and that you don't have anymore symptoms!

They have some stuff called "Airborne" that boost the immune system and it is especially made for when your around in a large crowd, school teachers, ect.. to prevent you from catching anything like colds, ect...

Some people just take it to booost their immune systems...which it was around when I worked for a daycare.

Praying for your appointment to go well as well!

In Christian love,
    webby
  12. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks for your posts and concerns and prayers. It is so great to have the support and prayers of this board when we need it. Bless you. So far so good. Thank you Lord. I haven't seen Airborne. I don't know if it is available in Canada. When I get sick it takes forever to recover because I don't have much immunity.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2006]