Here's what I wrote ..............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by glendamarie22, Aug 28, 2002.

1. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

Everyone, please let me know what you think and suggest any changes I should make to make this letter more effective: ( As you can see, lots of Sandy's letter is still in here.)

Dr. Grabiel,

I am writing this letter in response to my visit with you Monday, August 26, 2002. I want you to know I take offense at your behaviour and the very unprofessional way I was treated.
    I have assumed that you were already upset before I came in, since you were rude the from the minute you entered the examination room. Bad days are understandable, but they are no excuse for such bizarre and, yes, immature behaviour. As a patient, I have every right to question a doctor in any way I see fit. Do you storm out on every patient who asks a question in ignorance? The first principal mentioned in the Medical Association's code of ethics, is : "A physician shall be dedicated to providing competent medical care, with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights." That only outlines basic decency, which is the very least of what I deserved.
    I will not be back to your office, not to see you at any rate. You are cold, callous, and perhaps you should seek another area of practice, since “pain care” is certainly not your strong point. I sincerely hope you find the guidance you need and stop lashing out at innocent patients who come to you in need of help.

~Glenda Groce
  2. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

Everyone, please let me know what you think and suggest any changes I should make to make this letter more effective: ( As you can see, lots of Sandy's letter is still in here.)

Dr. Grabiel,

I am writing this letter in response to my visit with you Monday, August 26, 2002. I want you to know I take offense at your behaviour and the very unprofessional way I was treated.
    I have assumed that you were already upset before I came in, since you were rude the from the minute you entered the examination room. Bad days are understandable, but they are no excuse for such bizarre and, yes, immature behaviour. As a patient, I have every right to question a doctor in any way I see fit. Do you storm out on every patient who asks a question in ignorance? The first principal mentioned in the Medical Association's code of ethics, is : "A physician shall be dedicated to providing competent medical care, with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights." That only outlines basic decency, which is the very least of what I deserved.
    I will not be back to your office, not to see you at any rate. You are cold, callous, and perhaps you should seek another area of practice, since “pain care” is certainly not your strong point. I sincerely hope you find the guidance you need and stop lashing out at innocent patients who come to you in need of help.

~Glenda Groce
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Send it!! Send it!!! Great letter girl!!!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I'm going to throw this out for suggestions...I'm thinking to put cc: Name of your state medical board (at the bottom); but that may cause him to try to alter your records (although of course this is illegal, I wouldn't put it past him to claim you were hysterical & wouldn't let him treat you or some such nonsense) or seek them out first to try to preempt your complaint.

So, fellow members, would you add that or not? Michele

Nicely done, Glenda. Good for you.
  5. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

Sandy and Michele, Thanks so much! I'll follow your suggestions and wait to see what a few other people have to say, too. I will probably finish this thing today and send it out tomorrow.

~Glenda
  6. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

Michele, I had actually been to the website of the FL Dpt of Health to get a complaint form, but they say they can only do something about your complaint if it violates the law and that rudeness isn't enough for them to get involved.......so I decided to just skip that. Probably be a waste of time. What do you think?

7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

however, once you make the appointment & keep it, I'm not sure but check about a violation of verbal contract at least. And I'm not sure at what point they can decide to refuse.

You don't want to get into a slanderous lawsuit (defamation of character, etc.)by publishing your dr.s name in media, but if you want to pursue this, call your local newspaper or tv, & see if they won't at least investigate the fact that the FL Dept of Health won't take your complaint. They've had some issues w/ other Dept. agencies there, it's a hot topic, somebody may want to look into it for you (election year is in your favor as well)

Best wishes and a pat on the back for calling the dept. of health. Michele
  8. allhart

allhart New Member

i think you should send it, if a dr no longer wants to care for a patient he has to give 30 written notice to aallow the patient to find a new dr and has tp orovide care till the end of the 30 days.
  9. Vita

Vita New Member

Good for you Glena send the letter and let us know what happens.
    Good Luck
    Vita
  10. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

Finally got down what I wanted to say to that rat doctor and sent it off in the mail this morning. It may just get thrown in the trash, but at least I didn't just sit back and take his abuse. I changed a few things from that last draft, but I think the end result is still pretty good. I feel better just knowing I have taken a stand against this kind of attitude!

~Glenda