here's what my lab work showed from FibroFatigue Center

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Sep 23, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

My appointment yesterday was very interesting. Alot of my lab work came back abnormal. This is what they found

Epstein Barr
    Cytomegalovirus
    HHV6
    High Cortisol
    T3 Reverse (thyroid high)
    Prothrombin fragment (tissue oxyenation) was 417 extremely high normal is 41-37 in other words I am not getting enough oxygen moving throughout my system
    testosterone - low
    Natural Killer Cells- low

My appointment was Very Very Expensive. The total was $1092.00.

This included the following:

Dr. visit
    Injection (198.00) Immunoglobulin 2cc for viruses
    Lumbrokinase (Boluoke) for probthrombin fragment - 96.00
    Maitake D Fraction for enhancing Natural Killer Cells 83.00
    Pro-Boost 79.00 for enhancing immune system and helps to rid body of viruses
    Rest and Restore- for sleep 27.00
    Transfer Factor 6000 150.00 teaches our immune system to defend our health better
    Anti-Viral 180ct. 99.00 treats chronic viral infections

The doctor also put me on VALTREX- my insurance paid for all but 30.00 of this
    He put me on bio-identical cortisol, testosterone, andT3

This has to be gotten from a compounding pharmacy.

The good new is, this should be the most expensive appointment, he said that next month he will start taking me off of some of these supplements. And most of the supplements will last two months.

I am just so excited to begin this process. He said that I would become extremely ill for 2-3 weeks while the antivirals bring the viruses out of my tissue. He again assured me that within 6 months I will be preCFS healthy!!! He started me on low dose of the Valtrex and going to slowly up the dose. At this point I am going to wait and see.

Andrea
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Andrea that's exciting!
    A lot of people here who have gone through their protocol say to start out a little more slowly than FFC wants you to - start each supplement 2 weeks apart or so.
    I am going for my test results this Thursday and I don't know whether to be apprehensive or excited :)

Best of luck!

Gretchen[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  3. yagottalaff

yagottalaff New Member

Hi, mrstyedawg --

How long have you been sick?

I'm curious because I've been sick 20 years and don't want to invest the money since the anti-virals don't usually work on those of us who've been sick a long time...

I wish you the best of luck!
  4. meme11

meme11 New Member

Hi Andrea, My name is Phyl. I was very curious about this. What is Valtrex? What doctor does this testing? Does Insurance pay for it? I go now to a pharmacist that mixes my hormones. I found out Friday I have low thyroid. I talked to him about my weight gain around my waist. I wasn't this big when I was pregnant. I heard high cortisol could be one reason. He just smiled and said maybe. My doc is good, but, I sometomes think they don't take me serious, when I see something on tv. That's how I learned about thew high cortisol, and a pill to help it. But, I ask my doc first, before I take anything. So is there a special dr you go to for this test? Thanks Phyl
  5. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi....Thanks for sharing the info on your test results. Actually, I go tomorrow for my test results. Don't know whether to be excited or apprehensive. Will let you guys know. Linda
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If you need to get more supplements, shop around on the internet before you purchase more from FFC. FFC typically charges more than you would pay on the internet.

For example, the ProBoost that you paid $79 for at FFC can be purchased from the ProHealth store here for $52.95.

Shop around and try to save yourself some money. Just ask FFC for a list of what they suggest, and then look for it on the internet.

I am happy that you are so excited. Taking a positive step to improve our own health is such a good feeling. I hope you feel better!
  7. Summit

Summit New Member

Hi Thank you for posting your results for us to see. Interesting. I hope you don't mind, I"m printing off your post, so I can take it with me to my next doc. appt. and maybe we can discuss some of those things. Please let us know how you progress with your treatment, and best of luck to you!
  8. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

Hello mrstyedawg

I hope u are feeling better. Can u tell me where u went for these test. I need the drs to find out what I am dealing with within my body too. I am from michigan. U said uwent to a Fibro Center? u must really have a good doctor. I haven't been able to find a good one. Please reply. Thanks
  9. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Just curious, how many ultraceutical antiviral pills do you take a day? How many Maitake D pills? I am very interested in the dose as I have purchased these from the FFC on my own. I also take ProbBoost and purchase it cheaper from ProHealth ($44)

I am interested in how long you have to take these pills, weeks or months, and what doses. I love the ProBoost and believe it has helped me in the past.

Thank you for posting and good luck!

CherylSue
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I buy transfer factor from this website and get it for much cheaper. I also buy my lumbrokinase from the internet for only $64.

It pays to shop around!!
  11. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

First I want to thank everyone for their warm response. It helps knowing that there are others who understand and are wishing me well.

Lukro I will definitely keep everyone posted.

lyciumchild: It is definitely alot of money, I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars in the past with know relief. Hopefully, this will help.

foggyfroggy: love your name- Please let us know what your test show

yagottaflaff : I have been ill for 22 years. Last month when I went for my first appt. the Doctor put me on a whole lot of pills to boost my immunesystem and energy and they actually are helping. I have only been on the antiviral since WED. do not know yet if they are going to help.

meme11: I am seeing a doctor at the FFC in Pittsburgh. Valtrex is an anitviral medication for the treatment of viruses such as Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, and human herpesvirus 6.

wld285: please let us know how you visit goes

twinma: thanks, I will definitely shop around.

summit: I will keep everyone updated

bronzewomn: FFC doctor in Pittsburgh. I can honestly say that he is the most Knowledgeable doctor that I have been to in the past 22 years. Have you been to a FFC center there is one in Detroit. This is the only one in Michigan. here is their phone number Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center of Detroit
    5877 Livernois, Suite 105
    Troy, Michigan 48098
    Toll-free: 1-866-443-4276
    Phone: 248-813-8900
    Or you can go to their website, maybe there is one in another state that is closer to you. I live in WV but go to Pittsburgh, PA.

cherylsue: I take anti-viral 2 pills twice a day, Valtrex once a day The doctor wants me to have a human immunoglobulin injection once a week for twelve weeks. I had an injection before I left the doctors office, but I can't go back to Pitts. every week for the shots. I am going to try to get my doctor closer to my home to give me these shots. I do not know how long I am going to have to take these. The doctor told me that when I go back next week he is going to take me off some of the pills. He thinks that within six months I will only have to take one multivitamin pill. I PRAY that this is true!

mollystwin: Thanks I will definitely check this out.

Hope I haven't left anyone out.

love,
    Andrea
  12. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

But I am very LEARY of any doc who promises you RECOVERY in 6 months with CFIDS/ FM . This disease is like nailing jello to a wall.

Also , valtrex is not effective for HHV 6 or CMV ; though it has some effect on EBV at HIGH doses , and most patients will not feel better for at least 3-4 months.

If you do not find this clinic helps you improve , you might consider seeing Dr Martin Lerner , an infectious disease doc in Detroit who specializes ( and has done so
    for years ) in treating these infections. He also recovered from CFIDS himself .

Most of the FFC docs DO NOT Have a lot of experience clinically with this disease .

Lerner and his published work can be found in a google search . My own physicain heard him speak at a conference and found his work " compelling " .

If your insurance will cover it , you might want to investigate a new aniviral that DOES work on CMV and has made a dramatic difference for some with CFIDS , called VALCYTE ( valgancyclovir ) .
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]