Herpes Parvovirus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willwork4shoes, Sep 13, 2005.

1. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

My doc said I most likely have this. I can't find any information on it. I have had recurrent canker sores for years and now have sores in my nose that stick around for 3 or more weeks. They are pretty painful.

Any ideas?

Will
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I copied this for you. Human parvovirus B19 was new to me.I don't know if this is exactly what you have, but you can do a goggle search on this.

Viruses: Human Parvovirus B19
    The most common manifestation of human parvovirus B19 infections is erythema infectiosm ("Fifth Disease"). This is characterized by mild symptoms, fever (in some patients) and a red rash on the face ("slapped cheek"). Arthralgia and arthritis have been seen occasionally in children and commonly in adults (particularly women).

However, human parvovirus B19 can also result in chronic infections in immunocompromised patients, and produce aplastic crisis in people with sickle-cell disease. Infection during pregnancy can cause fetal hydrops and fetal death (less than 10%).

Transmission is believed to be through respiratory secretions between humans, the only known reservoir for parvovirus B19. There are no known therapies; in most cases, supportive care is all that is required.

3. dobrydy

dobrydy New Member

If you have chronic fatigue syndrome or fm and you have active parvovorus infection (either by PCR or IgM are present), then there is a hope for you. There had been publications where administration of IVIG cures parvovirus completely and people just literally raise from the dead and go about their business. Have your dr look it up in PubMed (very eductional, published in good medical peer-reviewd journal).
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have never heard this, but Parvovirus isn't discussed here much.

Love, Mikie
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

...but your screen name is brilliant!
    Rachel