herpes simplex virus 1 and hhv6 and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by memon, Sep 12, 2008.

1. memon

memon New Member

Have many people tested positive for IGG herpes simplex virus 1 ab IGG? I know CFS people trigger HHV6 all the time, but this is the 1st time tested for HSV1. Have you been treated for it? If so, with what? Did you notice improvement?
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

almost the entire population (~ 98%) has been exposed to HSV1. the IgG antibodies to the virus are often elevated in CFS, which could mean reactivation.

people who are being treated with antivirals for CFS often take Valtrex, which covers this virus, as well as covering EBV and probably others.

3. Timaca

Timaca New Member

I have had high antibody titers to HHV-6, HSV1, VZV, EBV, Cpn and lyme.

Have you been tested for other viruses besides HSV1?

Best, Timaca
  4. memon

memon New Member

Been tested for and have had high antibodies to HHV 6 as well as EBV. Not to lyme Eliza or Western Blot, but did have positive lyme urine antigens.

When I read about HSV1 though, they state that it is an STD, that was news to me. I did have mono, so that is where the exposure might have been to HSV1

How are people doing on the valcyte.
  5. Timaca

Timaca New Member

I believe that HSV1 is transmitted through saliva, HSV2 is sexually transmitted.

For info on HHV-6 and EBV see www.hhv-6foundation.org

You may want to check into getting treatment for HHV-6 and EBV depending on how high your antibody titers are.

Best, Timaca
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i could be wrong, but i think both HSV1 and HSV2 are transmitted through the skin during shedding.
  7. memon

memon New Member

Do we know how HHV 6 is transmitted?