herpes virus 1 POSITIVE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Aug 26, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i took bloodwork for HSV1, and my dr, call to tell me i have this. i dont have HSV2, i already know i have ebv, what product is good to buy, FOR HSV1 and EBV........thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2009]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

You should be asking your doctor this as he diagnosed you with it.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

There is a TF that targets EBV but you need to call Prohealth to find out which one it is. They used to publish all that info but they prefer you call them now. Their # is 1-800-366-6056.

I have never heard of a TF for HHV1 (cold sores).

Like TigerLiLea said, you need to know if the titers are high. Otherwise, you would be wasting your money. You can have a positive EBV because you were exposed to it and developed antibodies. But it doesn't necessarily mean your body is fighting it now.

I am leaving for a few days to spend my birthday with my twin so I might not see any questions you might have.

4. sascha

sascha Member

i tested very high for HSV-1 and HHV-6, and did a 5+ month course of treatment with valcyte. it is way too expensive to pay for- i qualified for Roche drug company plan, so got it free. it was a rough treatment, but did get virus count way down.

there is something i've readd about that acts on HHV-6, (supposedly), but i don't know much about it. it's called artesunate. it's used against malaria. i want to find out more about it.

you shouldn't do treatments on your own, though, that are just 'out there' -- consult a doctor and find out what course of treatment would be best for you. you didn't say what your actual count was- i'm sure that factors into what treatment would be prescribed, and what dosage- good luck- Sascha
  5. street129

street129 New Member

I dont know what hhv6 means. the dr put me on famciclovir 500mg
    take 2 tablets by mouth twice daily, he only prescribe 4 tablets.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2009]