Herpes Virus 6 question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Dec 22, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I saw elsewhere just now on another post that the night sweats can be due to the hhv-6 virus and that the anti viral med keeps it away?

I just switched to the valtrex from famvir and I do suppressive therapy, one dose every other morning and I think the night sweats are not happening the last week or so, since about when I made the switch. Can anyone answer this question? I have not had the herpes 6 test that I know of, I do have genital herpes and the reason I switched is because accdg to the info I have seen lately the valtrex has less occurance of infecting your partner.

Thanks for info if you have some.

Jaci
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know that night sweats is a problem for many of us. I had them before I started taking the antibiotics for the mycoplasmas. I was always running a low-grade temp too.

I think there are probably a number of chronic infections which produce night sweats.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

very bad, but since I have been taking ZMA they have almost completely gone. Most of the men in my Mother's side of the family had nightsweats most of their adult life. Never was diagnosed with anything.

I don't have genital herpes, but knew a lady that had this (cheating husband gave it to her).

She took Essiac Herbal Tea( put out by the; Resperin Corporation) for four months, and thats a few years ago and she has not had a recurrance of it since.

According to her, if she got stressed or a shock about something it would bring on an attack (I don't know if I am saying this right, attack? is that right?), she would get an attack from her high stress job too.

Essiac Herbal Tea can be bought at most health food stores.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2002]
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

We generally refer to it as an outbreak, but attack is apropriate. Everyone I know who has it got it when they did not deserve it, I got mine in a rape at 38 y.o and during the yrs of 29-37 was quite promiscuous, I always figured if I ended up with something like that it was my own fault.

I will try the tea, it would be nice to put it behind me, I really fear for my hubby, he has a serious heart condition and the last thing he needs is a virus that can become systemic and go to the heart.

Thanks for the info all of you!

I always get som much help here.

Jaci