Herx - Advise appreciated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Feb 18, 2006.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been around in a bit, actually, had a good spell for awhile with the CFS.

The bad news was,,,,,BAM,,,,,,got hit back to back with shingles first then bells palsy. Famvir wasn't bad because I've had it so many times but the Valtrex is kicking my butt. Sweating, foul smell coming out of my body, diarrhea, body aches,,,,,,you know, a bad herx.

My daughter is going to draw me a bath with epsom salts and I'm drinking lemon water. Been so long since I suffered like this, forgot what else helps.

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch. Foxglove
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Which includes adding olive oil to the lemon and water. I've never used it, just drunk a lot of water when I'm Herxing. I'm glad those beasties are being killed off but I'm sorry you are having such a rough time.

Love, Mikie
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It helps w/ allergy symptoms too. Helps alkalize the body,a nd vit. C is great for many things. Baking soda, AlkaSeltzer Gold is supposed to be even better, these alkalize.

Homeopathics can also be excellent, there are so many, and you can find one to fit your symptoms.

Jeanne
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Many thanks to all that replied. This has been a REAL bad herx this time but I'm a wee bit better today. Actually made it out of bed to the couch!

I had an epsom salt/peroxide bath last night and am shooting for the lemon/oil olive mixture tonight. Thank you all for the ideas and well wishes.

ek, I do still see Dr. E but not as often as travel costs have gone through the roof. Am I any better? Tough to say, some days I'll say yes and others are very bleak.

I gave up on the costly ImmunoProp and went back to ProBoost which seems to help much, much more but I do continue with the hepapressin injections. Best wishes to you,,,,,,,,unfortunately I just don't think there is a cure for those of us who are really, really struggling with CFS. I only hope to achieve a better quality of living. foxglove
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

This is from a previous post and I've added some info:

Soak Info

Detox Baths for Purification

General Information:

You may experience flu-like symptoms during the detoxification because your body is ridding itself of poisons. You can get some relief from these symptoms by taking baths using epsom salts (1 to 2 cups) and baking soda (1 cup) in a tub of water and soaking for 20 minutes (soaking for more than 20 minutes may cause you to get too exhausted). On off days, you can put 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in the tub and soak.

Skin Brushing:

Skin brushing can be very beneficial, because the skin is a primary avenue for detoxification - along with the lungs, kidneys, liver, and colon. Use a vegetable brush. You can purchase this at a health food store. You need to brush all parts of the body toward the heart. Then follow with a sesame oil massage. Massaging with sesame oil brings relief. This oil can be purchased from the health food store. Massage the whole body for 5 minutes before bathing or showering.

Detox Baths:

NOTE: Baths should be taken on a daily basis during detox and rotated, switching to a different type of bath each day. After detoxing, use whichever bath seems appropriate to meet your current needs.)

EPSOM SALTS AND GINGER:
    This bath opens pores and eliminates toxins and also helps to eliminate pain. Stir one cup of epsom salts and 2 tablespoons of ginger in a cup of water first, then add to the bath. Do not remain in the tub for more than 30 minutes.

SALT AND SODA:
    This bath counteracts the effects of radiation, whether from X-rays, cancer treatment radiation, fallout from the atmosphere, or television radiation. 1 cup of baking soda and 1 to 2 cups of ordinary coarse salt (or epsom salts or sea salt) to a tub of water. You can soak for 20 minutes.

EPSOM SALTS, SEA SALT, AND SESAME OIL:
    This bath helps with dry skin and stress. Take 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1 cup of sea salt (from the health food store), and 1 cup of sesame oil and put into a warm to hot tub of water and soak for 20 minutes. Pat yourself dry.

VINEGAR BATH:
    This is used when the body is too acidic. This is a quick way of restoring the acid-alkaline balance. 1 cup to 2 quarts of 100% apple cider vinegar to a bathtub of warm water. Soak 40 to 45 minutes. This is excellent for excess uric acid in the body and especially for the joints, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, and gout.

BENTONITE BATH:
    A fast detoxification method. Soak 2 to 4 pounds of bentonite clay in a flat container overnight to dissolve it. Then add this to a tub of water. With 2 pounds of bentonite you would soak one hour; with 4 pounds you would soak only about 30 minutes. The more bentonite used, the faster the detoxification. (NOTE: While bentonite is a great adsorber, it is widely used to seal well-casings and ponds. It would very likely seal many septic systems too, costing thousands to repair. Use sparingly or with caution!)

Good website to learn about Lymph Drainage Massage. Also shows picture of how to do Dry Brushing: mesupport dot bigstep dot com; or Google: M.E. Support Lymph Drainage Massage

Whole Lemon-Olive Oil Drink:

Taken every day, this drink helps the lymph glands to filter and move the dying organisms. Drink at least two quarts of fresh, filtered water every day to flush the organisms from the body.

(I recommend using organic lemon and olive oil)

1 whole lemon, washed and blended until smooth
    1 cup of juice or water added to the blended lemon
    1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, blend with lemon
    Pour through wire strainer
    Discard pulp and drink liquid

Detox Foot Pads:

According to Chinese medical knowledge, our human body has over 360 acupuncture points, with more than 60 acupuncture points found on the sole of the foot alone. Our feet, also known as the "second heart", are the reflective zones of our internal organs, a potential home for toxins and a potent avenue to accelerate body detoxification through, avoiding the healing crisis effect of other rapid detoxification methods.

The Detox Foot Patch also helps to revitalize the body, enhance blood circulation, strengthen the immune system, improve your quality of sleep and promote better health (homeostasis) and longevity. By placing the Detox Foot Patches on the soles of your feet before bedtime they unleash the accumulated gunk and toxins from your body during sleep.

Foot Soak:

¼ Apple Cider Vinegar
    ¾ Water
    Use the hottest water you can tolerate.
    Your feet will flush out toxins and become slimey. Wash off.