herx after one day???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Nov 24, 2006.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

can you herx on the same day that you start a major (heavy) anti-viral protocol???
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On the replication cycle of the viruses themselves. Many of them will be escaping the host cells at the same time and will die in the bloodstream. A large number of dead pathogens will cause Herxing until the body can purge the toxic dead beasties.

You may not Herx again until another replication cycle is completed when those viruses leave their host cells. You may have gotten lucky and the timing was just right for a big dieoff right away.

Love, Mikie
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What kind of anti-viral protocol are you on?

Since anti-virals are so new, some of us who have just started them in the past few weeks are posting regular reports of our experiences (along with general thoughts about the process).

You should be able to easily find on the board my posts on Famvir and Jolie's on Valtrex. There are a couple of other people who have used (or are using) antivirals who have started contributing as well.

It would be great if you were to share your experiences as well.

If you were willing to start a thread and then post your own status reports daily (or however often) that would be wonderful.

Any contributions you have for ongoing theads would be great too.

it seems that doctors have limited knowledge about AV's (and of course limited time to spend sharing it with us), and that there is little information about AV's and CFS on the Internet.

Therefore, sharing information with one another in this forum seems to have the potential of being extremely helpful for all concerned.

Thanks!!!!!

BTW, I bumped those Famvir and Valtrex threads to the top of the board so that you would be able to find them more easily.[This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Yes!

I hope you are doing all right. Please go easy on yourself.

And I would love to hear how you feel as you continue on your treatment.

Love,
    Forebearance