Herx or spell?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by angrob75, Jul 27, 2008.

1. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

Since i recently got diagnosed after 5 years of hell, i am not sure what i am having is a herx or just one of my spells that i have had over the last 5 years and even had them before i started on treatment. The only thing that is different with these is that they are more severe and coming more often. I have had 5 seizure like episodes (i say seizure like because sometimes i am not completly out) in the last 2 1/2 weeks, which i had some of these spells before treatment but maybe 1 every 1-2 months, never this often. How you can tell it is a Herx? and what can you do to help get through them?
    Thanks for any info which is much needed right now
    Ang
  2. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

Bump,
    still need answers
  3. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I don't know. It sounds like a call to your LLMD is warranted.

I had to go back and read some of your posts. Are you still on 4000mg of amoxi?

I wish I could help out. I just don't know enough. I can offer my support though.

For me herxes are a worsening of symptoms I already have. Drinking water with fresh lemon squeezed into it and stevia helps a little. So does taking a bath with epsom salts, baking soda.

I wouldn't recommend a bath given you seizure like activity.

I would also do a search on lymenet.

Hang in there...
  4. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Good advice from Redhummingbird, Im stumped on this one.

good luck, Sandie
  5. angrob75

angrob75 New Member

now are Biaxin 500 mg, 2 a day, with 50mg of diflucan,1 every third day......but i got to the Dr on monday so who know's what my meds will be then. The weird thing is that my symptoms are increased during these episodes but also these seizure like activities are also happening. My muscles just go crazy alot of times where you can see them moving on the outside of my skin as well as me feeling them on the inside. now i am up to 7 episodes in the last 4 weeks.
    Any other help with the herx's let me know
    thanks for all of your help!