??? Herxing and ABX

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by a121558, Apr 15, 2003.

1. a121558

a121558 New Member

Hi,, I was just going through some past posts. I came across herxing and ABX. I was just wondering what this is all about? I kind of got the just of it. But need more info to tell Dr. It kind of sounded alittle like the guaif, where you get worse before better. Any thoughts on the 2 or which is better? I'm at the point where I will try anything. I'm taking vicoden 5/500 3-5x's aday. Sometimes they help and sometimes they don't. And my stomach is a mess. I'm getting a referral to a pain clinic. What exactly do they do? I am so thankful I found this website. I am falling to pieces. And you guys are just great help. Would really appreciate any help on the herx and ABX. Thanks,Anna
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, when the ABX cause the killoff of pathogens in the body, it produces a toxic state in the system. Until the dead critters are flushed out through the kidneys, the patient can feel as though he or she has a horrible case of the flu.

The Guai causes flares because it removes phosphate debris which the body has stored in miscle tissue. The phosphate is in crystal form and it hurts when they are pulled out of the soft tissue. According to Dr. St. Amand's theory, this storing of debris is what causes the tender points in FMS and keeps the mitochondria from being able to produce energy, hence, our fatigue. Guai flares are notable for the pain they cause.

Hope this helps. In both cases, it's like Grandma used to say, "It's gotta get worse before it gets better."

Love, Mikie