Herxing- because of cinnamon?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Is this possible? Or do I have my terms mixed-up? I have been takiing cinnamon for a coupoe of weeks, and I am now going through a period of increased symptoms,and have red dots , as well as white pimples, on my tongue. It looks like my body is cleansing, and the only change I have made is the cinnamon. Surpprise, surprise, surprise! Terry
  2. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I've never heard of dots & pimples on the tongue as a sign of herxing. Keeping in mind that I haven't had any reason to herx much yet. . . I'm sorry I can't remember, but are you the one who is putting a tablespoon of cinnamon on one piece of toast??? That would do a number on my tongue, for sure. Cinnamon isn't meant to be eaten alone. A tablespoon of it mixed with at least double of sugar is what I used to put on toast, and that would last forever. I put about a tablespoon on top of the grounds for 10 cups of coffee.

Try laying off of it for awhile and see what happens. Then if you want to continue, spread that tablespoon out in oatmeal, mixed with sweetener on toast, whatever.

JoAnn
  3. monicacat

monicacat Member

I found this toothpaste that I really liked, it was Tom's of Maine cinnamint. After a couple of weeks of use my tongue became very sore and had red bumps on it. When I realized that it was from the cinnamon I stopped using it and the bumps have never returned.

Monicacat
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Well, what do you kow? Thanks ,all, for your answers. I will stop the cinnamon for a while and see what happens. I guess I'll have to find something else, or use the cinnamon differently. Have a good day. Terry