Herxing From My Transfer Factor Pulse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As most of y'all know, I took the TF C and TF 200 for three months straight and now pulse them for only a couple of days every six weeks. About a week and a half ago, I took the two capsules for two days.

The immune response came with its usual tender and swollen lymph nodes, headache, and fatigue. I felt a bit fluish and achey too.

Today, the hallmark diarrhea hit, but there hasn't been much sweating or burning/chilling in my torso. I would say this is a light Herx. They have been diminishing in severity as time goes on.

Between my zapper and the TF's, I feel I am staying on top of the pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know there has been interest lately in TF's. Hope those interested will see this because it indicates what has happened down the road after the initial treatment with them.

Love, Mikie
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This is encouraging news for those who want to try Transfer Factor. I am among those who hope to start soon.
    I began taking Colostrum recently and have had quite a bit of pain with it. I'm trying 1/3 to 1/2 capsule and that seems to be working.

DO you know if one needs to be tolerating colostrum well before starting TF? I'm wondering this since TF is Colostrum based.

I have been following your story closely and I'm so glad that you are mamking such good progress.

Kathy.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are very wise to get acclimated to the colostrum before starting one of the TF's. It sounds as though the colostrum is "waking up" your immune system and causing an immune response. This is excellent. If it were me, I would stay on the colostrum until one capsule a day didn't bring on such a response. The idea is to build immunity slowly. At some point, you should start to actually feel better.

You may experience feeling hot or cold, headaches, sweating, and diarrhea. This is the actual Herx when dead pathogens are expelled from the body. It only occurs when more pathogens have been killed than the body can handle. Not Herxing doesn't mean that pathogens are not being killed. A person's immune system can kill them at a slower level and expell them. Typically, though, when one uses anything which kills pathogens or encourages the immune system to kill them, one will Herx sooner or later.

If and when you make the switch to the TF's, you can stop the colostrum if you take a colostrum-based TF. Start slowly by sprinking about 1/3 of the capsule under your tongue. Slowly increase that until you can take a whole capsule. It took me a month to get to that point even though I had been on colostrum for about a year or more.

Some docs believe that it only takes three months on the TF's to get the needed immunity. Because the immunity isn't permanent, we need to pulse them now and then like a booster shot. TF's are like little oral vaccines. The pulse schedule can be anywhere from four to six weeks. I chose the six week regimen because I've been Herxing for years on my various treatments. This gives me a little more than a month in between pulses without the immune response which causes me to feel lousy.

Today, I still have just a little diarrhea and headache. I always rest when I'm Herxing and I always drink tons of water. By tomorrow, I should be feeling better.

Best of luck to you and keep us updated on your progress. I think as more and more of us improve with the TF's, more will be willing to try them.

Love, Mikie
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I am really glad to get your opinion on this. It's so helpful to hear from someone who has 'been there'. Thank you for being so generous to those of us just starting on this road.
    My gut feeling was that I should be tolerating the colostrum first and your validation is useful. It's certainly time to 'wake-up' my immune system. Even with our unsophisticated testing I know I have EBV, HHV6, and CMV.
    I will keep you all updated as to how it's going.

Thanks so much

Kathy.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are more than welcome and thank you for your kind words.

A lot of people will never step outside their security zone and try the more cutting-edge treatments, but there are a lot who want to. They just need to see that someone has done well on these treatments.

Congratulations for taking the first step toward building up your immune system. You are doing it in a safe and intelligent manner.

I have found that taking the undenatured whey sold here, along with probiotics and the collostrum/Tf's has really helped. Dr. Cheney has written that taking the Alpha Lipoic Acid helps recycle the glutathione, from taking the whey, in the body. After more than four years and adding treatments, one at a time, I have found that the effects have been greater than the sum of the treatments themselves. They seem to work synergystically together.

I think it's really important to stay focused on the long-term goal as almost none of the treatments, with the exception of the Klonopin, produced immediate results. Even with the Klonopin, it continued to work better the longer I was on it, until recently. I was unsuccessful at weaning off completely, but just doing it for a while "reset" my tolerance and it is now working as well as ever at a slightly reduced dose.

Hang in there. It isn't quick but it does work.

Love, Mikie