Herxing? or weather related pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Aug 1, 2006.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

I started taking Candidese last week to kill off yeast and started with probiotics too. I'm on vacation this week and all I want to do is sleep and today I woke up in a LOT of pain down my legs. The weird thing is I've been craving sugar like its my job and I know it's the candida but I'm so weak most of the time I cave in and I'll grab and ice pop. It's over 90 here everyday (I'm making excuses I know). I'm leaving for a nice NC beach vacation tomorrow a.m. If I stop taking the Candidese and try to be good with the sugar will the fatigue go away BUT will I slow down the killing of the yeast too? I've had headaches too for that past few days so I know something is dying off. I just don't want to have wasted this time killing off some yeast..maybe I should plow thru but then I'll be sleeping when I should be enjoying my vacation. Thanks for any help.
    joann
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You are also taking too much if your die off symptoms are that uncomfortable. Less is more in this case, because your body has to be able to eliminate the toxins as they die. You could cut your dose in at least half, or whatever it takes to be comfortable again, and not lose all your momentum.

And watch out for severe die off reactions. There is a slim chance of going into toxic shock if you pile it on too quick. We had a male poster who it happened too and he was kind enough to share his story and warn us. It really made an impression on me, because men don't get these problems near as much as us, so if it could hit a man that hard it could happen to any of us.

jeanne
  3. joanng

joanng New Member

Thanks, I didn't know you could get that sick from doing too much at once. I woke up today in a lot of pain but so far I'm not sleepy. I did a little yoga (couldn't go to my class, I hurt too much). I'll cut the Candidese to 2x a day instead of the 3 and cut back on the acidopholous (sp?) too. I'm so all or nothing that I never even think to ease into things. I need to be reminded of that. So far I haven't had any cravings for sugar which is odd, had some eggs for breakfast and a salad for lunch....but then again it usually gets bad at night. I appreciate your help.

joann
  4. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

If I were you I would wait until my vacation was over to do a cleanse. I know it is hard to do a cleanse while working but at work you have your mind on other things. Enjoy your vacation while you can. You are most likely experience die off. I know the hot humid weather does not help either especially during a cleanse. I would still continue with the probiotics but give yourself a rest and enjoy your time off. Take care - Bobby