HERXING ways to diminish it if too strong

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, May 23, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Thought I'd start a post on this so the info doesn't get lost... took my post and Hopeful4's post and copied it here... if anyone has anything else to add, please add it, so we all have this info at our fingertips!
    Oxidative therapy may be useful in reducing (the herxheimer response). Garth Nicholson, M.D., director of The Institute for Molecular Medicine in Huntington Beach, California recommends PEROXIDE BATHS (four 16 oz. bottles of 3% hydrogen peroxide in 20 inch bath or Jacuzzi, with 2 cups of EPSOM SALTS.

Patients soak in hot water plus the Epsom salt for five minutes until pores are open, then add the peroxide solution. This should be repeated three times a week at bedtime.

No vitamins should be taken 8 hours before bath.

The peroxide can also be directly applied to the skin after a hot shower/tub. The peroxide should be left on for 5 minutes and then washed off.

Another useful suggestion from Dr. Nicholson -
    blend one whole lemon, then add 1 cup fruit juice or water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Strain and drink liquid.
    ================

hopeful4
    Mindy herxing and abx 05/23/06 09:19 AM

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so awful.

Which antibiotic are you taking and at what dose? Sometimes a particular ABX is hard for a particular individual. For example, I could not tolerate Doxycycline. It gave me an intense stomach ache. So my doctor switched me to Azithromycin.

In addition, some people just have a very hard time tolerating any ABX.

Since you've just started the ABX, you are stirring up the beast, and killing it off, releasing toxins. It's possible that your "lyme load" is high right now, causing a more miserable herx.

When I first started the treatment, it took me awhile to move into the herx, and it was very intense. By that time, I had been on the ABX and herbal meds for 2 months.

So, my doctor suggested that I try "pulsing" by taking the ABX 3 weeks on, one week off. I was extremely relieved to do this. It reduced the intensity of the herx to a bearable level. It reduced my misery so that I could function better.

In addition, try the suggestions above, the detox baths, the lemon-water.

Another thing that's helped me a lot is BURBUR It's an herbal tincture used for detoxing, it's part of the Cumanda, Samento protocol, but I don't see why it couldn't be used on its own.

I take 8 drops, 4 times per day, after meals and at bedtime. This has also helped reduce the herx.

Yes, we all have to herx. But the idea that we must be intolerably sick from herxing in order to get well is false. In fact, it can impede our progress.
    ==========================

Please add on whatever works for you!

2. ajp

ajp New Member

Victoria,

Thanks so much for doing this!

Love Mindy