HERXing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loriRn, Aug 17, 2003.

1. loriRn

loriRn New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post, though I've been reading here off and on for months. I hav a question about HERXing. I've read the past posts about it, I'm just wanted someones opinion about me. I'm not on any antibiotics, though I take FM relief, Co Q 10 and magnesium. Every afternoon ,on top of my normal FMS symptoms I get the flu like symptoms, including sore throat (not bad) . I hardly ever get sick with anything else ,even with 3 kids who bring home all kinda bugs.I've thought that odd until I read some of the postings. Could my body be HERXing? It's just nice to know why something happens, it helps me cope, especially if when I feel bad I can picture my body killing pathogens! Any opinion would be appreciated.
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I don't know anything about Herxing, but I wanted to welcome you to the Board. It's the weekend, so things might be slow. This will also bump your post up towards the top. There's lots of good info and nice people here. Hope you feel better soon!

Annette2
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That your immune system is responding to the supplements and starting to kill off the pathogens on its own. On the other hand, feeling fluish and having swollen glands and a sore throat come with the territory with our illnesses.

Herxing is usually associated with taking antibiotics, antiviral drugs, and antifungal meds, but just having a healthier immune system can cause one to Herx if enough nasty little beasties are killed off in the system.

Love, Mikie