hexing or no?help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Dec 2, 2005.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I started the Valtrex-FFC protocal for my EBV. I noticed I got sick with a cold a week later then got better only to get sick with a slight cold but bad sore throat a week following. My sore throat seems to be good one day then bad the next. The sides are killing me the worst though. I don't know if I might be allergic to the valtrex, ir I am hexing or if I should go to my dr. b/c the sore throat won't go away. I know he will give me an antibiotic. I guess for those of you that have gone through this how do you know if you are hexing or just sick? I can stick it out if I am hexing. I just don't want to miss anything and my dr. will just put me on a drug. I don't have a fever, stuffed nose or decreased energy level.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It could be strep throat. The immune response which comes before the actual Herx can cause a sore throat, but we can't assume that is what is going on. Ask the doc for a culture before taking the ABX to ensure you really need them. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Thanks Mikie. So the herx can come with just the Valtrex? I wasn't expecting it until I started the Transfer Factor. How long does the sore throat stage or the immune response typically last?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2005]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Herxing because it can stir up the chronic viruses and kill them off.

It is different for each of us. I feel different during the immune response and Herx depending on what is being killed off.

In the beginning, the immune response and Herx can be worse than later on when there are fewer pathogens.

Becuase the TF's actually train the immune system to recognize and kill pathogens, they seem to produce longer and harder immune responses. IMHO, the TF's work better than other treatments. I think it is good to give the immune system a rest while building it up with probiotics, undenatured whey, and colostrum and letting ABX and AV's do the killing. Then, when the immune system is rested and built back up, the TF's can train it to work better.

TF's which target specific pathogens are expensive but the usual protocol is to only take them three months and then pulse them for a couple of days every 4-6 weeks. This works beautifully for me. I have a mild immune response and then I have my usual fast and hard Herx from the immune system boost.

I do use a zapper to help keep the pathogen load down and it is very effective.

Love, Mikie
  5. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Just read your post where you use a zapper to keep the pathogens down. Can you explain what a "zapper" is. Could it be something like the Rife Machine??????? I'm always interested in anything that is informative and works for others. Thanks, Dalphia
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Zappers are little battery-operated gizmos which emit a particular low-voltage, low-frequency wave which kills pathogens but is harmless to the body. I got mine from the Hulda Clarke website. If you do a web search on zappers, you can find a lot of info.

Love, Mikie
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

How often do you use them? Do they really seem to work?