hexing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Apr 1, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I have heard this term use but what does it mean in is a reaction to a tablet?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

that the patient will often feel worse before they feel better. Transfer Factors fit into this category.

Herx is a short form for this reaction. Sometimes a medication is truly wrong or even allergic, so you can't always go by the Herx rule, but if you are taking Transfer Factors and your fatigue gets worse, it more than likely a herx reaction. If you get a rash or swollen throat, its allergic.

Also, FYI, Hexing means cursing ie. putting a 666 on someone.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Clerty:

I agree with the other respondee.
    You just go with the numbers and keep track of what you are taking...all might be well. Just see how you feel day by day.

nyrofan
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Thanks clerty for asking this. Sometimes things seem greek to me and I don't always have the endurance to press on and ask.
    gin
  5. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Herxing happens you start killing off stuff in your body faster than your body can clean out the stuff that is being killed off.

"The Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction (referred to as "Herx" often) is believed to be a reaction caused by organisms (bacteria) dying off and releasing toxins into the body faster than the body may comfortably handle it."

Here is a good website that explains herxing in detail.

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Pubs/herxheimer.html

Take Care,
    Pam
  6. clerty

clerty New Member

Now I understand !!!

Clertyx