Hey all, has anyone seen Rafiki?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, May 2, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Where are you Rafiki? Hope that computer is behaving itself. Hope you are behaving yourself! :)) I'm trying too.
    Lots and lots of rain today.
    Lydia, I did my mowing and baking yesterday...mowed the back, my son did the front...and I baked two loaves of bread. My family loves the bread. Hope that birthday turned out well.
    Vivian, hoping that you are doing well..still thinking of you.
    Rainbow, you are one that is usually busy outdoors too. I am excited to get more plants planted, it just needs to stop raining..but, will not complain because this desert needs all it can get.
    Hope eveyone else is doing well. Going to take our big dog in for a good grooming today. She has to go in about every 4 or 5 weeks. We call her monkey face at this stage, not sure where that came from, but we can't see her eyes too well right now. She's a standard poodle. Some people think of them as silly dogs...not! She's a pretty fiesty little thing. Great watch dog. Happy to have her when my husband is at work, which is at night.
    Everyone have a great day, rain or sunshine.
    Love, Cynthia
  2. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Yes Doz Rafiki has been around just a little. I miss her too and notice her absence. I love poodles. I hardly ever see standards anymore. They are so very smart. But the grooming? No way I could keep up.

Hi Rainbow. I love it that you garden and have put in so much work. Wow. I enjoy it too but haven't done much this year. You certainly have chosen a huge variety of vegetables. I never knew there were so many different types of cucumbers and I certainly haven't heard of corn salad. And besides that little puzzler, what in the world will you do with the sorghum? I think we plant it here to add to livestock feed.

The smell of the soil and everything involved with planting and harvesting helps me feel connected to the thousands of women whom did the same thing hundreds of thousands of years before us and in my gut I sometimes think I feel an ancient knowledge about it. It is just beyond the reach of my mind.

Jamin I hope you get to go on your walk too. It clears the mind. and lets us get all those negative ions. Did you have a good meeting yesterday?

I am "fixin' to write a post to you now.

vivian

3. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Again I have to say you have an interesting garden. I know when my sister lived in western Pa. she could grow just about anything. I was so jealous since we are very limited.

LOL about the tobacco. I'm sure it is a wonderful topic of conversation.

I think we have that squash here. We call it Tamuma and use it in a Mexican dish called Callabasita (which means little pumpkin). I could be way wrong though.

I got a recipe book a long time ago with Native American dishes. I always wanted to make the squash blossom soup.

How would you describe your relationship with the soil and planting? Do you feel connected?

Rainbow please feel free to tell me I ask too many questions.

vivian

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Poodles! Poodles are people. No, poodles are better than people.

Computer and bugs remain as they were, alas. The way the heating computer attracts the mites is a bad combo. Virtually all my human interaction is via computer - I do all lying down working the very limits of my physical and cognitive resources - which means, when I spend more time here I neglect others ~ like the children! The children have taken to ambushing me with IM.

I'm trying to find balance now but the hot computer requires planning and, as we all know, planning is not possible with ME. Planning is also not possible when ambushed with IM! I think the kids lie in wait and pounce as soon as there is any sign of me online - actually, I know they do. I should not have driven them to that; they deserve a more engaged stepmom who has some energy for them. They each have stuff going on that requires attention.

For myself, I would love to make it down the block to the beach but that's out of the question. I haven't done laundry for a month because the machines are downstairs - not good mite fighting strategy - also out of the question.

Also, I need to spend some more time on the health side in order to pull myself out of an impending decline - I can feel it dragging me down and I'm already flat most of the time.

So, sweet ladies, I tell you all of this so that you will not feel that I am ignoring you or have abandoned you. My ability to interact online waxes and wanes independent of my interest or connection.

I hope everyone is as well as can be expected! And, that everyone is just a little bit happier than can be expected! Why not.

Peace out,
    Rafiki
  5. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Rafiki-- hope things improve for you soon. I hope you get some of your strength/energy back so you can feel better. I wish there were more I could say. You've helped encourage me so much...know you are appreciated and loved! I will say that your kids sound like they love you very much and will take what they can get...and I know you give whatever you can..you are so loving!

Take Care,
    SJ
  6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

So glad you stopped by. I didn't get back on last night, but here I am tonight, to see that you are still having computer problems. I'm telling you, I need to get you a new laptop.
    You are so blessed to have stepchildren that really do seem to love you like their own mother. I am a step mom, and I think I can honestly say, things have come to be where I was wishing for many a year ago, when I first came into their lives. It was so hard for them, since their mother had passed away. We all love each other now, I loved them from the first.
    Jam, is it you that walks to the beach? No way! I used to live in Florida, and I still miss the beach. Loved it! We were in walking distance also.
    Rainbow, between you and me girl..let's feed everyone this summer. You have the veggies, I have the fruit. I have three apple trees, a pear tree, and we have a cherry tree, but we cut most of it down..but, our neighbor's cherry tree reaches waaay over our fence..:) He sprays it, and says, take what you can get. I love fresh cherries. I also grow veggies, but I don't think some of the things you have mentioned will grow here..like okra..did you say that one? Asparagus grows wild here. I do grow tomatoes, different types of squash, carrots, radishes, pumpkins, I've grown cantolope, but not lately..will try this year, peas, corn. My garden isn't as big as it used to be.
    I think I know just the chicken to name Rainbow...:)
    Oh, SJ, I know which chicken is going be George..she has hairy legs..going to have featherd legs...
    There is this real sweet Red Star that I could name Julie, Rafiki could be another Red Star, let's see, I have another Red Star..Oh yeah,,that would be SJ, and I would keep it with the initials...then, Jam..that would be the smaller little chick, that seems to be watching her health, she is smaller than the others. Is that six? I am going to get a Rhoad Island Red tomorrow, then that will be enough for where we are putting them...so the big red chicken tomorrow, hmmm....Bigmama! Only because of your name here, not sure what you are saying with that screen name Bigmama, but this will be one of my favorite chickens, because that's what my granmother used to have.
    Sophie looks beautiful. My poodle. She can see again, and we can see her beautiful brown eyes.
    We are looking forward to a couple of new grandbabies soon..one this month, and one next month...pray, that they will be healthy. Boys. I love to snuggle those little precious gifts.
    Here's hoping the rain stops for a while, so we can get some things outdoors done. Then, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain..then I don't have to water. :)
    Love to all, Cynthia

[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2009]
  7. springwater

springwater Active Member

Good to see you pop back on...prayers continuing for things to improve....Im listening to the medicine Buddha chant on utube;it is so soothing.

Saja - how are you? feeling a little better? i have managed to come out a bit of the energy and mood slump....enough to get by...and do the absolutely essential things...but then i do spend a large part of my time, breathing and meditating and praying...just so glad i dont live in a joint family with inlaws anymore and can do my own thing at my own pace, otherwise i would have been a psycho case by now

Cynthia and Rain - i wish i could see your homes with all those trees surrounding the house, how beautiful those apple and cherry trees must look when they bloom! About chickens, we used to keep them when i was small, and lived in the country but foxes were a big problem...we lost several ducks and hens to them.

I had a rooster and hen in this house, someone gave us...just to raise, a kind of act of piety so they wouldnt end up on someones table....but the rooster was really fearsome, so irascible, he would just fly at peoples legs and peck a hole into their shin if we didnt get away fast enough...it fell ill and died after a few years...the hen lived a little longer and then she was eaten by mongoose i think. there were feathers and a little blood around her cage.

Best wishes and prayers for healthy beautiful grandchildren...how excited you must be!

God Bless

8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Good to see you again also..I was just wondering where you were. Now here you are.
    My grandmother had a rooster like that, he attacked my sister one day, and that was that, he did end up on the dinner table. We were kind of glad that he wasn't around anymore, he was mean!
    We are taking care to keep our chickens safe from weasels around here, and skunks, reacoons. But I have one dog that will be out there, and the others during the day off and on..yes will have to keep them seperated just in case..but the wild animals don't like coming around the dogs.
    I'll bet you are very happy to have your own space now. I can remember years ago when I was young..living with in-laws for a short time. Very very good folks, but it's just a whole lot nicer being able to feel more comfortable when you have your own place.
    Oh, and yes, the trees are in blossom right now. Vey pretty.
    Take care, love, Cynthia
  9. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Oh yes Pittsburgh. My father and his family are from Pa., settled in Lancaster Co. in 1677. We have a long history in the area.

My father graduated from Pitt in '37 I believe and taught military law there until WWII. He still kept in touch with one of his classmates, we just sent her a notice bout his death. South Hill HS, I believe, class of '31.

I have alot of fond memories about Pittsburgh, I'll bet you have a ton too. I have not been there though for 30 years.

We don't have any more kin left there though.

vivian
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Glad to see Rafi was able to post, but I worry for you please take extra care with your health. I hate that you are having to deal with the buggies, I wish I could make them go away.

Rainbow, Dozn, SJ, Vivian...can't remember who else posted, however, hope all is well.

Rainbow your garden sounds fantastic, you will certainly be enjoying the fruits of your labor:)

Dozn...my MIL wants to raise some laying chickens and I can't wait till she gets some.

Kind of petered out here...so I off for now:)

Blessings,
    Deb
  11. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Hi all!
    Hey Cynthia, Sacajawea means Bird Woman...so I've some full circle huh! A red star...I love it! What will you say when asked how you came up w/ such "interesting" names???

I'm feeling better today and still energyless but mentally better...that melatonin formula was not meant for me, just making me sad. So I hope stopping that will help me out. I didn't take it last night and big difference this morning.

I started taking a product called Cellfood (Rainbow's secret to energy and hope it does the same for me...even half and I'll be thrilled). I have to go very slowly...I'm going to post about it on the FM board and see if anyone else is using it. I got one of my closest friends to start on it (she's has asthma, and FM) and she's already showing improvement! I had to stop it for a few weeks but just started back up.

And yes Jam, got my Vit D straightened out...already noticing a difference! And that miracle gel is helping w/ pain...my doc will be surprised that my vicodin has stretched out soooo far...still need it but not as much. Yay! Oh, and I'm still taking that Pain-Rx (switching out w/ mobic). The Pain-Rx is a natural cox-2 inhibitor.

All this garden talk has me craving asparagus...yum yum! I do have flowers but nothing to eat (I've heard rose petals are edible).
    Springwater, a house in the mountains sounds LOVELY...and I know just where one is...if you're willing to go to the Azores! Mild weather, flowers galore, an ocean, mountains, and our family home is still there (where my dad grew up). Who wants to join me???

Okay, need a nap!

Love,

SJ
  12. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

are delicious! When I was a kid and ate beef my mother made roast beef sandwiches with nasturtium leaves (the flower petals went in salads) from our garden ~ delish! In fact, the only time I ever get any kind of hankering to eat a fellow mammal is when I remember those sandwiches.

Day Lilies are also delish!

Namaste Rainbow,
    Rafiki
  13. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Wow! So happy to read about your miraculous pain improvements - turn around 3x times and spit!

I saw you spreading kindness the other day in that oh so gentle and tender way you have. Lovely, just lovely!

Keep the Faith,
    Rafiki
  14. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

The chicken I am going to name rainbow, get this..is a beautiful..black feathered chicken. The Australope. A beautiful..get this..black feathered bird whose feathers shine with a green iridescence. I hope you can get a picture pulled up that does it justice..I found a good one.
    It's a hardy bird, great egg layer..I need hardy and ones that will lay throughout the winter.
    SJ, I will tell my friends and family that I named my hens after my cyber friends. :)
    I went Monday to get another bird, ended up not getting a Rhoad Island..I found out that they are not as friendly as the ones that I've been picking out. So, I got a White Orpington. They say that they are very gentle, hardy, and also great at laying throughout the cold winter. Will come to you and enjoy your company. They remind me a lot of the Red Stars in what I've read in tempermant and hardiness..hmm, I'm thinking TwoCats as I typed the part on gentleness, it made me think of TwoCats, and how she is with her cats...can you imagine me trying to explain that to my friends and family...and, Rafiki, and say what?? SJ..Let's see, should I go with Lydia, or Julie?
    Jam, thank you for the info on the Grapeseed..to answer your thought on thinking that I was taking the Grapeseed, it was the Vit. D3 that I am taking, and also have my family on it. I was showing my husband the video, then we looked up other things on it. We were both sold on it! Now, I will check out the Grapeseed, yes, I have read that Grapeseed is supposed to be a good thing against cancer.
    Hope all is well.
    Vivian, I see that you posted again, going to see how you are..
    Love, Cynthia
  15. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

SJ...that might be from the song my the Cheetah girls....think the movie was on Disney or something similar:)

Not a bad movie really...lol, I watched it with my girls:)

Deb
  16. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hope your doing ok. I mean, after all, you do now have a fancy chicken named after you. LOL

I think I have the same T shirt as your daughter does! Of course I am only about a 100 years older than she is, but then sentiments are the same no matter what the age.

Lets get together and feel all right!

vivian
  17. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Are you trying to say that you think that I think, that you think, that you are a crazy chick?? lol...
    I picture you as a very down to earth beautiful woman, and, a "very wise" down to earth beautiful woman. Remember I used to think you were Indian? That you had this long black hair, and that beautiful dark complextion. Now, you have to know, that I love red hair. I do mine red. :p
    Ok, no one will be surprised, but I got one more chick today..my last one. It is an Araucana. They are the ones that will lay blue and green tinted eggs, a large bird that tends to lay double yolk eggs. Yeeaahh.. They also have a funny little fluff grow on the side of their heads...pull up a picture if you can, or even want to. Hardy through the winter.
    rain, what do you mean that they are funny to watch...I've heard that before..?
    How is everyone doing? I'm having problems with a cough, that just won't stop. Not sure if anyone remembers me saying that I had a cold a few weeks ago, now it's just this cough. Not anything to worry about, but very annoying, especially at night. I haven't had a good nights rest in a while. Boy, I know there are folks here who can relate to that. I go without sleep on a regular basis anyway, even without a cough, say like, 3 days, then crash, then 3 or 4 more days, then crash a day..so on. Does this sound familiar??
    Going to read, my computer wouldn't let me get on here last night. ??
    Love, to all, Cynthia
  18. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

wow! You are something else...service, service, service..is very gratifying, even if it tires you out. Am I right? You will be blessed, for sure.
    What Christ like attributes you have about you.
    God Bless you always, love, Cynthia
  19. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I love those Araucanas. The eggs are so pretty. I first saw them on a Martha Stewart show, and everyone knows I am just like MS. LOL Not. Anyhow, I think they look more like hawks than chickens.

Ours were very friendly since my daughter raised them and carried them around most of the timeas chicks in her folded up T shirt. I had to give her that old "those chickens won't know how to walk if you don't put them down" talk.

They do have alot of double yolks, twins in the making?

Sorry about your nagging cough. I hate those. I am an insomniac too, so I can relate.

vivian