Hey, BlueBelle and jjmmrj

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Don't feel like the lone ranger wishing you had something else. I had been symptom free for nearly a year and then the FM came back. I went to the gyno for a test for ovarian cancer because I had some of the same symptoms. Before I went I suspected it might be the FM coming back. Believe it or not I found myself hoping it WASN'T fibro. I thought, how bad is it when you would rather have cancer than FM?

Well, cancer can be possibly be cured, FM has no cure. I am not afraid to die (check my username) but I don't want to suffer. The only fly in the ointment is chemo. No one wants that.

So I completely understand about wanting something else
  2. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

I don't mean to intrude...I know your post wasn't meant for me, but I was wondering if you ever got a diagnosis?

I previously was following your posts concerning ovarian cancer and FM and I was just wondering if you ever found out anything?

I have been through the same thing myself I guess is one reason why I was interested in your diagnosis. Mine turned out to be fibro, thankfully.

I hope you are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are and have been with you!

God bless,
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Of course you are welcome to come on in and have a seat! LOL I appreciate your post and yes I did get confirmation that I do not have ovarian cancer. I went to the gyno and after waiting a couple of days in the exam room ;-) she came in, felt my ovary in a drive-by kind of way, said she did not feel anything and said to meet her in her office as she ran out the door.

But once we got in the office she was a bit chattier and said she could give me an ultrasound or the blood test. I said I wanted the blood test, she said she did not blame me and I had it that day. Results were negative, so it is FM back again. Thanks so much for asking and for your kind words. God Bless and I pray you have a pain free and fabulous day.
  4. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

Thanks so much for the welcome and for the response! I am so happy to hear it wasn't cancer. You mentioned that you had almost rather it be that, but I found myself praying for you that it wasn't. I have witnessed so many friends/family members suffer with cancer, and I just cannot imagine anything being worse than that.

FM is a crazy disease. It can make you think you have cancer and wonder what in the world is wrong with you. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. That is when I come here, asking questions, and without fail, I find the answers and comfort I need. What a great place this is!

Thanks again for your response, and I hope you have a wonderful and pain-free day!

God bless,
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Hey, I know. I don't want cancer either really. It was sort of a momentary thing, you know? After being symptom free for so long and thinking I was permanently cured was VERY disappointing. I did not want to admit it was back, but there is no doubt.

Had a very bad day, but made it thru work and thru the grocery store (ugh) and then found I had a flat AFTER I loaded the groceries, so after changing the tire on top of all that AND coming home and unloading and putting away groceries, I am on the heating pad! Sigh

I told the Lord I feel like Job!!! LOL Thank God you all are not like Job's friends!!! hee hee hee
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

And Jesus is one awesome guy, isn't He?