Hey Callum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, May 25, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What's up? You busy trodding the boards? We miss your stellar presence here.

2. Callum

Callum New Member

Thanks for the note, and for thinking of me!

I'm nearing the end of the first week of double rehearsals for both shows, and just about wiped - in a bit of a flare. But I'm trying my cognitive/behavioral tools, not beating myself up for how I feel, just "being", and it's a great group of people - they seem to sense that I'm giving my all, and that that comes at a personal cost, and they're looking out for me.

Will check in later! If you could send out positive thoughts out into the universe, it will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to being able to spend more time on the forum, and read all your amazing posts!!

Best to you and Gordon!

3. rockgor

You're rehersing two shows? Sounds tough. Like summer stock where they reherse one show by day and perform a different one at night.

Glad to hear it's going well. Do you have an understudy? Try not to over do.

Best to you and Gary.

4. Callum

Callum New Member

That's exactly what it is, rotating rep! And no, no understudy.

I forgot to share the entertaining part -- four days before I left Chicago, I passed out on the way from the bathroom to the bedroom late at night, and broke my nose and my big left toe (in two places). Luckily, the break in my nose was minimal, and it doesn't appear to have made my nose any bigger than what it already is! But my toe - OUCH!

Thanks again for checking in - take care!
  5. Callum

Callum New Member

Great to hear from you! I hope that you are well!

Yes, it DID hurt, but thank goodness I was unconscious when I broke it, so I didn't feel that pain! I've broken a toe before, but this is worse, as I fractured it in two places, including the joint.

The first play opens in three weeks, and the second play opens three weeks later.

What is up with you?

6. rockgor

Where did my message go?

Well anyway, why did you pass out, Callum? Or is it a mystery? Do you have a limp? You don't have to dance do you?

Carla, are your cardiac problems the result of being "doored"? I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.

Los Angeles if full of people w/ dark skin who wear dark clothes and ride around on bikes at night w/ no lights, etc.
  7. Callum

Callum New Member

That's exactly why the doctor thinks I passed out. I'm on a med to help with my a-fibs, and a side-effect is that it lowers blood pressure as well. Great, except I never have had high blood pressure in my life. And, it was in the middle of the night (lower blood pressure) going from a seated position to standing.

Carla, that constant heart rate must be unnerving! I'm sorry your dealing with that.

Best of luck correcting the issue!