Hey, Dara...please ....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. sumbuni

    sumbuni New Member

    tell me more. Do you have to be disabled or what? Doctor have to back you up? Please tell me what you know!

    And "no" I don't mind you reading my post...I reckon when you post it pretty much is a public posting. At least that's what I think!

    Thanks for reply, and let me hear more!

    God Bless!

  2. Dara

    Dara New Member

    on your endeavor to quit smoking. I really hope you are successful. I want so bad to quit, I have one pack left and I'm already wondering if I can finish it and not buy anymore. I have a lot of stress here at home so I know it won't be easy, but maybe I'll give it a try.AGAIN....

    OK, I know there are two types of FML, one is regulated by the federal government and another is by the State. I don't know which State you live in, you'll have to contact your Department of Labor or some other Department in your State that rules the FMLA, it might even be the Wage & Hour Division, but I really don't think so.

    The forms for FMLA have to be filled out by your doctor. Have you ever approached your doctor about going on disability? If your doctor doesn't agree with it, then maybe you might want to find a different doctor.

    Also, you mentioned that you had experience working in an office. You could go to your State Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and they might be able to help you out. There is no charge for their services and each state has this. What they will do is work with you and your employer to help you keep your job and will make suggestions that could benefit you by making things easier at work. They will even pay for special equipment sometimes, like office chiars, etc. Also, if they feel you are unable to continue working in the job you have they will help you find something more suitable. They will send paperwork to your doctor asking for his/her limitations that the doctor feels you have.

    The American with Disabilities Act is another federal program that will try and work with you and your employer to help your job be more accomodating to your situation. I never got involved with them so I really don't know that much about them. But I do know that employers have to comply with what they request.

    Does your doctor agree that you are ill? Does he determine that you have CFS or FM? Like I say, if he doesn't then I would consider trying a doctor who does. Even without the job situation I would think it would mean better treatment for you if you and your doctor both agree on your disability and what your limitations are.

    Up until the time I quit my job, I had never discussed going on disability with my doctor and I really wasn't so sure he would agree with me. When I told him that I had stopped working because of how sick I always was, he totally agreed with my decision and backed me up 100%.

    Right now I can't think of anything more to add to this, so let me know if there's anymore questions I could help you with.

    Take care, and I have good faith in you that you are now a non smoker..