Hey Elaine Wanna Chat?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Jun 23, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

about Ebay. I thought I would bring this out onto the board and off the Porch. Not everyone will be excited over our Ebay auctions. LOL.
  2. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

May I butt in for just one second, then I'll leave you two to chat.

Elaine, just wanted to say don't be surprised about selling books. I buy all my books on Amazon. Used books in good condition in this economy are a hot commodity.

Good luck to you ladies both!

3. monica33flowers

First of all Dolores --- feel free to join us --- or anyone. I just knew Elaine was selling on Ebay like myself so if anyone has input I'm all ears. The best people to hear from are the consumers.

Right now I'm selling fabric and home decor items. I was selling apothecary jars and decorative glass items but those items are not selling well at all right now unless you have some really rare glassware.

My fabric has gone very well....I was very surprised. The fabric is what I had from when I actually had a job and if I saw something I liked I bought it and I always had an idea of what I was going to do with it in the house but it never happened.

It is so much easier selling fabric.....I just put it in a plastic bag and into the box and viola --- finished! Before with the glass I had to use a ton of bubble wrap and that is expensive. But I did get a lot off Craigslist so that did help keep the cost down. As we both know every little bit helps.

I don't know if I told you but Randy my SO of 7 years sells and buys sportscards on Ebay as well. He usually buys them off Ebay and then sends them onto another auction house that only strictly deals with sports collectibles. Man, he really made a killing two months ago. He sent in a Tom Brady jersey, Brett Favre jersey ande something else and he got a check for $650! That is after they take out their percentage!

I'll stop blabbering here and telling all my secrets. LOL. and do a little more research on Ebay for a few items I found at my local thrift store and see how they might do on Ebay.
  4. monica33flowers

Did you know you can get free boxes from Ebay that will be sent directly to your home thru first class mail?

Let me go see if I can find my link. I know I'm not suppose to do this but as soon as you get the link let me know and I'll delete the post.

[This Message was Edited on 06/24/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/24/2008]
  5. monica33flowers

I'm glad you found a few tricks of the trade. I do the same exact thing with the boxes for parcel post. Great minds think alike, huh. I do sometimes order boxes off of the USPS site also --- especially when I cannot find my Ebay site or I need a different size that only the post office carries.

Well I better get back to getting some more auctions ready on Turbo Lister while I feel good.

Not sure when you will see the old Monica back. A lot of stress lately + the surgery + fibro really are not a good combination.

This was fun chatting with ya --- lets do it again sometime!
  6. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

You are both so kind for allowing me to intrude.

I wanted to share something.

I know of one woman who goes to the thrift shops and buys up all the designer brand handbags that are in good shape, then she sells all of them online. She seems to do quite well.

Yes, Elaine, I'm sure it's a real headache when a buyer backs out or somehow renigs on a sale. And there's no way to know ahead of time who will do this, unless you have a way to check their buying history. I don't know if that's possible.

Good luck in all your selling endeavors.