*******HEY ELASTIGIRL*** Calcium Pyruvate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 7, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I read where you said this was helping your fatigue. Where do you get it?

Is it still helping?

Many Thanks,
    Kendra
  2. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

... VitaCost. I only take 1-2 750mg caps per day, so it's not really that expensive overall.

There were some big changes for me:

a) I went from ~having~ to sleep 10-12 hours per day just to get by -- to doing well (most days) on 6-8 hours sleep at night.

To clarify, however, it doesn't 100% take away fatigue. It actually gives me that "second-wind" type energy that we all used to have long ago. Any energy at all to get me through the day makes me happy :)!

There are some days, though, when CP gives me the energy of my youth. I eat those days up with a spoon, LOL!

b) My hand strength and joint strength increased. I don't know why.

My hands were getting so weak that I could no longer hold a 1 quart bottle with one hand. Very scary. After I took my CP for a while, I noticed the strength coming back. (I had pins and needles in my hands for a couple of weeks after starting CP; then the sensation went away. Maybe the CP was rebuilding my muscles or reconnecting nerves?)

Also, I'm now able to do things I had all but given up -- squatting down; lifting (somewhat) heavy objects with the use of my wrists, elbows, and shoulders; etc., etc.

So I'm still lovin' my Calcium Pyruvate! If I forget to take it, I notice the difference.

On the flip side of the coin, although my body is getting more and more toned everyday, I have not lost any literal pounds.

Hope this info helps :)!
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks Elastigirl ( I love you handle by the way).

I am going to give it a try.

I'll let you know if it helps me.

Kendra