Hey Everybody

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I haven't been around in awhile.We had a show to do at a harvest festival and have been very busy getting ready for it.My husband carved faces into fake pumpkins and I handmade muscadine grapevine wreaths.It was not a successful day.Oh well, we have another show Nov. 18th,should be a good one.

I just wanted to tell everyone I am off for my mamogram this morning.I am scared but I am hiding it from everyone.My husband is going with me for support.(he has been the sweetest guy for awhile,I am so happy).I have only told very few people.No one in my family at all.Pray for me.I am a bit worried about this swollen lymph node.

Well, I will let everyone know how it goes when I get back.Thank goodness it is first thing this morning.

Talk to you all soon,
    Sheila
  2. ajp

ajp New Member

I sent out a message to you on the other site. We hadn't heard from you and wondered if you were allright. Glad you are, seems like you've been busy.
    Mammograms aren't too bad, my last one was only a little uncomfortable. I'm sure you'll come through it ok, compared to the daily pain we live with, mammo's aren't much. Let us know how you made out.
    I have a swollen gland today, right under my ear,(are there glands there?) It's a little lump and hurts like heck, but I decided to wait one day and see if its gets better, I am recovering from some viral thing, so maybe its from that?
    Amyway glad to hear from you...let us know how you are doing.
    ajp (mindy)
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I hope everything goes well for you and I'm so happy your husband is being supportive.

Let us know how you get on.

love
    Rosie
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Well the right breast looked fine which was where the swollen lymph node was.But unfortunately a lump was found in the left one.The dr. even did 2 ultrasounds on it and few extra xrays.I will be having an MRI soon,waiting for the dr.'s office to contact me with the date.I do check my brest not often enough though.The lump is in the upper part of my breast.I could feel the ultrasound thing going over it.It feels big.The dr. said not to worry that it is probably dense breast tissue but I know that is what they tell everyone.My Aunt had breast cancer(from husbands side).I asked her do they always say that and she said yes but she has been very supportive.I thought Jimmy was gonna cry when I first told him.His mother died from liver cancer that started out in her breast.I have decided not to tell my girls.The only people I want to know are my husband,in-laws and closest friends like all of you.I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.I am terrified.I am scared for my children and husband mostly.I can't leave them.But I am jumping the gun I know it.I don't have one foot in the grave and I am gonna try to keep that attitiude.As soon as I get the MRI set up I will let everyone know.Then there will be more waiting.And of course the fm is killing me today.I think the cold weather is making it worse.Since this is my first fall and winter with fm I hope this isn't how it is gonna be til spring.

Thank you all so much, you will never know how much it means to me to have friends to reach out to.
    Sheila
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I just went through the same scare.. the spot compressions and ultrasound show abnormally dense tissue.. they don't "think" it's cancer and I go back in a few months to do it all again.. there gonna watch it! ok...
    Anyway, Sheila I'm sure your scared to death and I will say a prayer for you.. there are other things it could be besides cancer stay positive.. let us know.. BIG HUGS and PRAYERS!!!!
  6. 1horse

1horse New Member

hey there girl, We will be praying for you. I would like to tell you not to worry, but you will so all I will say is think positive and remember we are here for you ..~hugs~ peggy
  7. emiltim

emiltim New Member

I just went through the same thing. My grandma and my mom have both had BC before they were 50. Was going to get gene tested, but the oncologist told me not to (insurance).

Anyway, when I found a lump a couple months ago, I was scared to death. Mam. & ultrasound were inconclusive, so I had to have 2 biopsies. Everything was fine.
    Dr. told me that FM patients seem to have more fibrocystic (lumpy) breasts. Now every time I even think I feel something , I wonder....

Will be praying for you, sweetie!
    -Julie
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Like you said, Sheila, don't jump the gun yet!

Just think positive! My mother and sister have gone through this many times--they find lumps or spots that have to be investigated. My sister has had many biopsys and so far, everything has come back OK.

I will pray that yours will be OK, too.

This will be a very nervous time for you, constantly thinking about it. I hope you can keep occupied with your show coming up on Nov. 18th, to keep your mind off of it.

Will keep you in my prayers.

Much love,
    Janet
  9. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

You are the sweetest bunch of gals.Thanks so much for the encouragment.
    I did break down last night after I went to bed.Jimmy just held me til I calmed down.So many things are running through my head.
    This morning I was feeling for the lump and thought maybe it is gone but unfortunately I found it.It's not as big as I thought yesterday.It is the size of a big pea.Hard and not mobile.
    I had a crazy dream last night.See, I am not telling my family.Mainly cause they just ignore me(I am the baby of the family,the whiner as they would say).I would be crushed if I told them and they treat me the same way.I don't want to feel rejection right now.But last night I dreamt I told them and they acted the way I feared like it was no big deal.It seemed so real.I was glad to wake up this morning even with pain.
    Well, I will check back in later after the dr.'s office calls with MRI date.
    In the meantime I will be busy getting stuff ready for our first annual halloween party.It is this saturday.Also I am finally cracking open my new sewing machine.I am making blankets for Amber,Carrie and Jimmy.Right now I am embrodering the girls initials with pretty colors and beads.I took the huge bow off my wedding dress ans I am using it to put their initial on.And then my Dad(father in law) is going to take some pictures I find and put them on an iron on type paper.I will put several 8 by 10 pictures on each quilt and embrodier around them.I feel need to do it now even more.
    Thanks my good friends so much,
    Sheila
  10. ajp

ajp New Member

Shelia,
    Just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing...we care.
    Mindy
  11. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Just wanted to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs
    brit