Hey Everybody....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ValleyGirl89, Oct 5, 2003.

1. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I have not been on here much lately so I am way behind on all the posts. Just want you all to know that I am still praying for you! I am still struggling with my Christian walk, not out of the valley yet, but I am still not giving up, still praying, still reading God's word and trying very hard to keep my faith! Please keep praying for me and I am praying for all of you too.

Lisa
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Reading Gods work and Praying helps keep the faith. Glad you stopped in to say hi. Will continue to pray for you, feels good that you are praying too along with us, for us.

3. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks for replying to my post and thanks for your prayers, yes, it is good to know that others are praying with you and for you, it is so good to know that others care! Hope the Lord blesses you!
    Lisa
  4. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

What a way with words you have! No, I'm not out of the valley yet, but I still haven't given up.. I am thinking of changing my name... ValleyGirl...I don't like it very much anymore! Hey do you know that song the Spencer's sing I'm gonna tag along with Jesus, I'm gonna keep tagging along..well, that is what I am doing, tagging along. One day soon, it will be worth it I know.
    Lisa
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad your still around. I really like your name, hope you keep it! Our spiritual path doesn`t have to be all or nothing. None of us are perfect, so we all must just do the best we can. God is still always there, we are the ones that ignore him sometimes. Doesn`t mean he loves us any less, we just aren`t connecting to him at those times.

Praying that you`ll find some prayer and spirituality that will feed your soul. It needs spiritual food just like our bodies need regular food. Just do whatever you can get something out of and grow as a person.

Best wishes,
    Sandyz
  6. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thank you so much! It is such a comfort to know that people care enough to pray for you when you feel like you can't pray for yourself! I know that everyones prayers are helping, God is listening! I feel so much better today! I always thought that when a person became a Christian, that it was gonna be so easy and all your problems would vanish. I guess I had my head stuck in the sand because I know that it is not easy at all, but it is better than the life I was living! Thank you for saying that you like my name ValleyGirl, I do believe that I will keep it!
    Lisa
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so glad that you`re feeling better today and I`m glad you`re keeping your name. I used to think too that if I was a Christian my problems would go away. I think its a pretty common belief among people. When that didn`t happen I got discouraged and felt God was not there.

I finally realized God didn`t promise me a rose garden, but he promised to walk with me through whatever kind of garden life gave me. Sometimes its a garden of thorns...lol... like living with Fm. But he`s always there and gives me strength and love.

I see from your profile, you`re very interested in Native American things. I am drawn to that also. They were a very spiritual people. I`ve read some fantastic books about them and their beliefs. This is something that can also feed your soul. I read all kinds of different books on spirituality...James Van Prague, Sylvia Brown, Billy Graham. I get some much out of them and have grown so much through them.

I also go to church but I only make it about half the time. I don`t beat myself up over that because I just don`t feel well enough to go some days. I`m a Sunday school teacher so when its my turn to teach I must go though.

Blessings to you,
    Sandyz
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Lisa, things will work out, just keep praying.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks again! God did not promise us a rose garden, did He? I guess sometimes we just need to be reminded of that fact! I have had alot of misconceptions about being a Christian and when I read His Word, it all comes into the light!

Yes, I do have a thing for Native American culture. I have been interested in this since I was in high school. People would think I was nuts in school because I loved history! It was not all history that I loved though, only the parts about the Native Americans I took an avid interest in!

I used to read alot about them and their history, I would just about read anything about them that I could get my hands on from romance novels to books about their religion and culture. I don't read much anymore, but I compensate for that by my collection!

My hubby gets frustrated with me sometimes because I wanted to decorate every room in our house with Native American pictures and artifacts, but I have calmed down alot now and I just settled for our bedroom and living room!

Thanks again for your replys Sandyz! You are a very nice and caring person!
    Lisa
  10. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thank you for taking the time and caring enough to reply to me and thank you for your prayers! I know what I have to do to keep myself going and that is keep praying and believing! I am trying my best to do this. It helps to know that others are praying for you also.
    Lisa
  11. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Sometimes we create names on the internet that fit who we are at the time, and they become a habit I guess.. Or so used to it .. I like your name ValleyGirl. There were times I thought about changing my screen name too. My real name is Nancy..Sunshyne fits me though. Most of the time I am Sunny. I put the "y" in there just to be differnet I guess. How did you come up with ValleyGirl?

Sometimes its ironic with my name Sunshyne. The times I thought about changing it, I was depressed or hard on myself. The ironic part is..

I used to be Sunny in too many not great ways..Always doing for everyone else, more than my fair share, Being happy on the outside to everyone around me.. when deep down I was so sad. I was so used to being that way, I knew nothing different.. And lost parts of myself along the way.

Hey thanks for the well wishes on a great weekend.. I hope you too have a good weekend!!

Thought about doing some crafts.. Like making Christmas gifts..
  12. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks for your reply! I chose the name Valley Girl because I actually live in a little area that is called a valley and someone else helped me pick that name. It just fit I guess! But, when I got to feeling down and feeling like I was in a spiritual valley, I started thinking about my name and became very dissatisfied with it! Sounds crazy I know! After all, your spirituality does not have anything to do with a name, it has everything to do with what is in your heart. I was thinking that maybe I would stay in this valley if I kept my name ValleyGirl but I know this is not true so I decided to keep the name and not change it. I'm glad that you kept your name too, it is a bright and cheerful name! Have fun doing your crafts this weekend, my sister Debbie (Stidham) enjoys doing crafts too and she is good at them. I always tell her how creative she is. I am the opposite, I like to try to be crafty or craft minded but I always end up making a mess of things and give up. Then I end up having and unfinished product and don't know what in the world to do with it!
    Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2003]
  13. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Valleygirl,

I'm always here as your prayer warrior. Please keep the faith in the Lord and you shall be heard.

Danny
  14. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thanks and I know that you are a fine prayer warrior! I have seen this since I have been on this board. You have been a genuine source of encouragement for me in the daily prayers that you provide and in responding to my prayer requests. I know that others feel the same way too! I am trying my best to keep the faith, I am trying to hold on to my faith with all my might. Sometimes it's not so hard, and other times it seems that the more I try to hold onto it, the harder it gets! Thanks for your encouragement!
    Lisa
  15. rearranging

rearranging New Member

Hi ValleyGirl,
    Just wanted to add that I like your name as well!... especially thinking about it in terms of spritual valleys. I know we don't always welcome them in our lives... and we usually refer to them as times when we are at a "low point". But, really... what would life be without valleys? If every day was a mountaintop experience... would we have those times when we lean hard on God? Would we give Him opportunities to strengthen our faith by watching Him work through our problems when it seems there is no way and He makes the way? In natural terms... the valley is a place of growth. It's fertile and green... and watered by a stream that flows down from the mountain. Our valleys "grow" us too! So drink deeply from the stream of Living Water there... and grow in intimacy with God as you walk with Him in the valley. God bless you =]
  16. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

Thank you for your reply! I guess I wasn't looking at being in this valley as a way of growing. I just thought of it as plain awful! I know that you are right because if everything here on this earth was easy, and we were always up on the highest mountain, no suffering, no pain, only peace and tranquility then we would want to continue in that comfort zone and would not learn to lean on God. We would probably feel that we had everything we needed down here and would not strive so hard to make it to our promised land! I do believe that God opens our eyes not only through Him, but through each other. Thanks for your encouragement!
    Lisa
  17. rearranging

rearranging New Member

Just from the things I've read since I came across this site this morning... encouragement abounds in this forum! Jesus gave us the commandment to love one another, to edify and lift each other up and to pray for each other... His prayer to God was that we'd be one as He and the Father are one. He's knit our hearts together by His spirit and made us family! So I count it a priviledge to speak a word of encouragement to you! I'm excited to read that you are praying and reading God's word... because we know that His word is what changes us and grows us. Keep being faithful... He's always faithful to us!