Hey everyone, I am newly diagnosed FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CHRISCLEMENT1, Mar 11, 2003.

1. CHRISCLEMENT1

CHRISCLEMENT1 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I am newly diagnosed wtih FMS. Today is already starting to be a not so good day. I have pain in my fingers and toes, not to mention the stabbing pain in my right big toe. The shoulders and legs. Looking for ways to cope day to day. I am on Ibprofrens and paxil.
    Thanks everyone for the help
    chrisclement
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Chris:

Just wanted to welcome you to this message board. I have found since I started writing and reading messages here, that I can cope with both the FM and the endometriosis better. It reminds me that I am not alone with these diseases. I was diagnosed with the endo nearly three years ago and with the FM last July. So I am still fairly new to the FM. I take Ultracet for the pain, which works pretty well. I also take Amitriptyline (Elavil) and melatonin at night to help me sleep along with the Ultracet. I hope you will find the comfort and support here that I have.

Ellen
  3. lmn

lmn New Member

Welcome to the board. You will find great listeners and tons of info. here. Best of luck, lmn
  4. lin21

lin21 New Member

Welcome Chris,

This is one place you will feel at home. These people are wonderful and share so much information about this DD. I was just diagnosed in November and have been here ever since. I'm going through all the BS that goes along with having this DD.

LIn
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! I get the pain I think you are talking about---my toes and fingers feel as if somebody is pinching every one of them. Does your pain feel that way? I am having a bout with this that won't quit---usually this is a feeling that comes & goes. I know what you mean about coping; I've had this 4 years & haven't really figured a way to address these bizarre kinds of pain. Ibuprofen doesn't help me with this; I hope you get some relief from this! Are your fingers & toes also very cold? This is another symptom for me.

Hope you feel better & welcome,
    Pam
  6. Mustang

Mustang New Member

Hi there, its nice to meet you.
    Im glad i caugh you early on, so the FM spirit doesn;t make a home in you.Have courage you have a great future ahead of you.
    I had it for 1/ 1/2 yrs. 5 yrs ago.Ill spare you the details of the agony. I never accepted my condition as long term.
    Ive had, and others too, success with the following:
    Take Mag/with Malic acid (3 a day until the pain stops)
    could take a month or two. then you can reduce it.
    take DHEA 25 mg for CF. take b vits and minerals.
    Borrow from the library, or buy DR robert Youngs book THE PH MIRACLE,read it 10 times, and buy ph strips 15.00 for 100 (cut them into 3rd=300.they are on the internet and health food stores. and test
    acid in urine in am. ACID=PAIN. Buy DR Youngs green drink.
    Drink 1 qt a day =1.00 and follow food guidelines in his book. You will be SHOCKED at the end of 2 months. You will feel young and healthy, and pain free.Imagine...for life.
    Best of Luck and Don't Give up, Laure