hey everyone I'm new and blue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windgoddess, May 24, 2006.

1. windgoddess

windgoddess New Member

I've been diagnosed with FM. I thought I would be relieved that they finally put a name to what has had me so achy and tired for the past few months (years?), but it has only raised more questions/concerns/fears.

I have depression as well, and am being treated for that, otherwise I just don't think I could deal. I'm trying to
    get through one day at a time, cuz they're all different.

I've noticed, the "but you don't look sick" attitude and am trying very hard not to let it bother me. All they see is the circles under my eyes and think I just need some rest. I wish I could get some rest, haven't had a good night's sleep in....hmmm let's see....well I have no idea really - I guess that's part of my problem isn't it! :)

Thank you everyone for all your posts, I have learned a lot reading them, and hope to participate and find understanding among you all in the future.

Blessed Be

2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

If it's one thing we all do is understand and we're all in the same place in one way or another welcome to the family and we are all here for you.
    Best wishes,
    Mary
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

We've all had people look at us like that, whisper that she can do what she wants to, she just didn't want to do it, etc. The public is much better educated now than they were 15 years ago, but that probably doesn't make you feel any better.

For the most part, you'll learn to ignore them, as long as you have good support from your family. If they don't understand, give them materials to read and take them to your doctor's appointments.

My husband has always learned everything the hard way and even he got it pretty quickly.

Blessing,
    janieb
  4. windgoddess

windgoddess New Member

I was excited to see the replies come in shortly after posting. You all are so nice! And thank you so much for all the great ideas, you bet I will be trying them all :)

Prickles, yes I am currently on antidepressants, and although they have helped with the insomnia till the wee hours of the morning, they haven't helped with staying asleep through the night.
    And I know what you mean, about resisting the urge to punch them, it's not worth the agony afterwards (hehe)

My husband has been very understanding, although at first he was a little unsure about believing the diagnosis. They've tested me for everything and I was (maybe he too) beginning to believe it was all in my head. I feel better, knowing that there are other people who know what I'm going through, that I can get advice from, without judgement.

Thanks again and be well :)
    xo