Hey FFC'ers ... did any of you go to the free seminar first?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I saw an ad in today's newspaper for the free seminars held every month at the FFC (I'm in Dallas, the seminar is held here every third Monday). I'm interested in finding out more about FFC and was just wondering if any of you went to the seminar and if you did, did you find it helpful? Did your spouse go with you? I want my husband to attend with me so he can understand that this is NOT all in my head!! He's fairly supportive, but just can't comprehend how I can be feeling well one day and crash the next. (Heck, I don't understand that either!) I think maybe going to a seminar about FM will help us both.

Anyway, let me know if you attended and if it was worth your time. I hate doing anything "extra" that isn't worth it, since I have so little energy for anything at all these days.

Thanks so much!
    Kat

2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I've started at the FFC in Seattle. I didn't go to a seminar first. I read a lot about the treatment on this message board and knew that's what I wanted to do.

I'm sure they are valuable because the woman who draws blood in the FFC office was telling me something she'd learned at the seminar. Of course I can't remember anything about it, but she was really excited to learn what ever it was.

I took my husband to the first visit. It lasted about two and a half hours and the doc went over my 24 page quesionnaire line by line. We talked about all kinds of things related to the misery of fms/cfs. I pretty much qualified for all of them. After the meeting with the doc and blood draw, I had an IV, which took an hour. By the time that was done, my husband no longer came up with comments like, "Maybe it's your arthritis." or "You probably just need to go to the sleep study and get rested." No, he's been on board with what I'm dealing with here.

If you'd like to read about my experience there, you can find it if you search Seattle FFC.

Good Luck to you. I hope you get started on the path to feeling better right away.

Take care!

Francie
  3. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Kat,

Yes, I attended the free seminar at the Dallas clinic a few months ago. It was very helpful, and yes my hubby attended with me. They give you a little tour of the facility and you gets lots of good information about the treatments and costs. You get the opportunity to meet Dr. Kippels and Dr Spurlock, and ask them questions. I *think* they give you a discount off your first visit if you make an appointment within so many days.

I have my first appointment TODAY, in about an hour and a half. :)

-Ellen
  4. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Thanks for the replies, that helps me tremendously. I will definitely be going to the seminar here in Dallas on the 17th.

I had already decided that I want to go the FFC route after reading so much good stuff about FFC here on the board, but I think that attending the seminar may help my husband accept it better and understand why it is important to me.

Thanks again ... hope you ladies have a WONDERFUL (and painfree!) day!

Kat
  5. intrigue

intrigue New Member

You get a $60 discount (in Dallas at least) for attending the Seminar.
  6. You said you had your first appt. today, how did it go? Were you impressed or disappointed? Just curious.

and what are in the IV's they give you?
  7. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

.....I am signed up for the seminar in Dallas too this month. Was kind of feeling dumb today as I called because I already have my 1st appt scheduled for this thurs, but I felt like I could still learn a few things and tak ethe tour.

Oh well, my brain has to catch up with the rest of me. I would also be interested to know how everyone else enjoyed the seminar.

I guess I'm too little too late for the $60. discount! :(
    Jen
  8. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

I'm going to go to the seminar, but when I called last month they said the earliest they could let me come in was for the December seminar, so apparently they are booked up for the next 2 months :-/
  9. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I'll post the details of my visit in a new thread, when I have a little more time, hopefuly this afternoon.
  10. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Hey Jen, maybe we'll get to say hello to each other at the Dallas seminar ... I just signed up. Hubby said he'd attend with me, which is a step in the right direction. He's not too keen on spending the type of money that FFC will require, he'd rather try to find another local doctor in our insurance plan first. But I'm so darn sick of doctors, sick of telling my story and trying to explain my symptoms ... it will be a huge relief just to be able to talk to someone (FFC) who knows what this DD feels like!

Take care,
    Kat

(I'm Kathy Sanders - in case you see a name tag or something that evening!)

:)