Hey fibo friends got my disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffy1, May 4, 2007.

1. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Hello everyone just want to give you all an update. I went to my disability appt yesterday my husband went with me.

And they just asked me some more questions about our income and assets. and now all I have to do is waite to see if I well be qualified for both programs or just one.

I already know I well not qualify for the other as my husband makes too much money for that but I well get the money I paid into so I am happy happy happy.

He asked me if I had an attorney or a representative and I said no he was very supprised at that. He was also supprised that it went so quickly, I meant that the fact that my hearing was in Dec and I have already got my approval and that the appt we had with him was so easy.

So don't give up people kepp up the fight. I had things against me becuse of my spuratic doctor visits tahts why they did not go back all the way to when I applied but I still won.

The only down side to this is that I think I well have to claim my back pay on our income taxes not sure how much they well take of it.

But I am happy.

And now for my big question

I want to start a support group here where I live the closest one is in sacremento area and that is like a 2 hour drive for me. But I don't know how to go about it and could use some advise. If anyone knows how I should do this I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks again to all of you.

Puffy
  2. jole

jole Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yea!! Good for you!

As far as the support group, there was a post on here awhile back that had some really good info, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe if yu put support group in the search at the top of the page it will come up??

Anyway, proud of you....
  3. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I sure know that the pain is no trade off for this.

I'm sure you would trade great health for this any day as I would.

Even if I get this it's $80o a month. Our rent is $1,500...so you can see that here in California this won't go very far.

But just think what it's been like the last year with no money!" My credit is shot. My wife has been just exhausted trying to keep us in this house. We have many credit card bills. Just two of them are 2 to $350 a month EACH! And we MISSED this months payment! Our next one will have to be almost $1,200 just to keep from being over limit on just 2 cards!

Anyway, happy for you. I live 4 hours from Sacramento. We do have a small group here in Monterey, but I wasn't able to go after my first visit a few months ago. Want to go back this month if I can. I was the only guy there. I wonder why men don't get this as much as women. Now I know what it must feel like for a woman to be the only female at an all male therapy group. And I have seen this.

Thanks for sharing the good news. JB
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

That is wonderful news!!! : )

Puffy, Joeb, I live in Cali. too - Near Coalinga. Theres quite a few of us here!
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

Congrats. How long overall was it though from time of application?
  6. momblue

momblue New Member

I am happy for your good news!!!
  7. padre

padre New Member

Puffy:
    I have been organizing and running fibro/cfs support groups and other support groups for about 20 years in the Tracy, California area. I am not sure where you are in Northern California, but I know that Stockton has one and one is starting in Manteca.

The San Joaquin group would be very helpful in starting a group. Also, to find a group close, I'd suggest calling the chaplain or social worker at the closest medical center. They could give you the name of leader. You do not need to use the leader, but they can be a help in providing a model.

--Padre
  8. BobinGermany

BobinGermany New Member

Way to go!!!!

God Bless,
    Bob
  9. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

great news i just received my first check so i know the feeling. mine was a long almost 3 years. my monthly check is a pretty good amount. i worked my whole life up until april 2004. and just this week even with the good news of getting my check and soon my big back pay check IM IN THE WORSE PAIN. BURNING PAIN EVERYWHERE FROM ARMS, BACK, SHOULDERS LEGS I CANT BELIEVE IT. I THROUGHT I WASDOING GOOD AND THEN BOOM AGAIN. I HAVE A NEW DR. AND APPT. MONDAY THANK GOD SO HOPEFULLY I CAN GET A NEW SCRIPT FOR THIS DD--WELL IM HAPPY FOR YOU---DESERTBREEZE---VEGAS
  10. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

joeb7th
    you are right about tht this is more like a consolation prize I would much rather be out working.

To make matters worse I have been off any pain meds otc and other wise for months now because they said my Liver funtion test were off.

Padre
    I live about 30 miles from Chico so to drive to stocton would be about a 2 hour drive there and back I just can't drive that distance anymore.

Engel
    I applied in 2004 and I just now got the approval notice I had to go through the 3 denials and then the hearing. My hearing was in Dec so it took about 3 months to hear anthing from that.

Padre
    I have research my area for support groups and there are none for either Fibro or CFS.

But I just met another person today that has fibro and asked her if she would be interested in getting one going here and she said yes so I well keep trying to pursue it.

Poor theng her husband was recently diagnosed with MS of the brain and they have 4 kids.

Puffy
  11. ETN

ETN New Member

Hey I am just outside of Sacramento and I didn't know they had a support group here...where is it?

Desert I can't believe you haven't gotten your back pay yet...I got my back pay before I got my first check...I just got my back pay on WEd and my first check will be in June...

It just boggles me that its so different all over...

I actually found out where the payment center was and called them directly...I really think that is why my claim went through so fast...