Hey, Guai Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 1, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope y'all are having a good day. I'm off to a condo meeting at the pool here shortly. Geez, I hate to get up early for these things.

My sore tooth continues to improve but I woke up clenching my jaw this morning. I may have to submit to the mouth guard.

Just wanted to start a new thread so y'all can check in. How goes the Guai treatment? Well, I hope.

Love, Mikie
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all in good spirits.

Our teeth really suffer with this DD, don't they? Mine have been crumbling since I first became ill. Now I have them removed instead of root filled.

I don't know what a condo is, but hope the meeting goes well Mikie.

I'm reverse cycling fatigue at present. Yesterday I actually left the house (hooray!) to spent a little while going round a National Trust garden, part walking & part sitting in the wheelchair. This is a huge improvement for me & it was very uplifting to see the Spring flowers.
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

and very happy to be joining you. I wrote long answers to a previous post about my latest news, so won't bore you with it again, but am just grateful to find a doctor who understands the protocol and has had success with it. Why do they hide these people?

As the Dr. St. Armand wrote in his book, arthritis does eventually form, but I'm grateful to have found help. Everything in his book just fit, even more the second time I read it and discussed it with my niece. Very grateful she's only 25 and is already trying the process. She's a professional photographer and has a good, long career ahead of her. So strange how all of her symptoms followed my experiences. Can't help but wonder if it's because we're both very tall and thin.

Anyway, you all have a great day.

Love ya,
    janieb
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Good Morning, Guai Group! Thanks, Mikie, for starting this thread. I love to hear how everyone is doing.

Mikie...so sorry about your jaw. They can really hurt. Have you tried ice alternating with heat? You'll be in my prayers. As Smiffy said, my teeth, too, are a problem since I've had FMS. They used to be like concrete...not anymore.

Smiffy...What is a National Trust garden? Sounds beautiful! I love flowers, too, and need to go water my newly-planted pots soon. I'm so happy for your good times that allow you to get out. For me that is a big boost.

Janieb...I'm glad you are joining us! I read your other post...wow, your remodeling sounds like a big project! You mentioned that you and your niece are tall and thin...me, too! I'm 6'0" and weigh around 145.

I think you will enjoy our on-line support group. We are from all over, but share a lot in common. Have you started the guai yet? I have been on it almost 2 months. I have had lots of pain, swollen hands and feet, but I also had all of this before guai, too. It has been amplified, though, since starting guai. But this is a good thing, as I feel that I am going to get well or at least better. I have had a few hours here and there of feeling better, but not lately.

The newest thing is the painful joints. I have had these before guai, but it only lasted a few days. Now the painful and sometimes swollen joints are constant. I'm not sure if this is from the guai or something else. I'm see my doc in a week or so, so I'll see what he says.

I'm excited to hear from everyone else. Love to you all, Ann

5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good morning everyone, Mikie and Smiffy so sorry about your teeth, I'm so glad I pulled all of mine!lol Ann sorry to hear about your join problems but it's good to know that we are going backwards and not forward with the guai.Janieb welcome to the group.

I'm cycling extreme fatigue, tons of pain and a total body weakness. I'm going to need a wheelchair. I'm looking for one but no luck yet. I want a thin one as my doors or small in my old house. My back,hips knees, neck and shoulders or all very bad nowdays. I'm not too worried about needing the chair as I was bedridden for about 6 months before I started guai and I know it's all the stress of medical bills ect... thats making me worse (things we can't do anything about). The brain fog is not so bad, I'm thankful. We charge ahead!lol I do have short times when I feel better. I'm so thankful that I don't deal with bad headaches and tooth problems.
    Take care,
    Dee50

[This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  6. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi there, Dee....I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. I, too, am experiencing lots of fatigue...I sleep 10-12 hours/night and take a nap, too. And I'm still tired! And the pain...yikes...are you taking anything for the pain? I am on methadone which I would like not to take, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be functional at all. I have been keeping you in my prayers. At least we know all of this malaise is for a reason!

Take care, Dee...and keep in touch.

Love, Ann
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Smiffy, a condo is like an apartment except that I own it. There are 8 in our bldg., all with their own entrances to the outside. We have balconies in front and lanas off our livingrooms. We all own the property and facilities, such as the pool, pond, and tennis courts. Our monthly fees take care of all the outside maintenance, trash removal, water, insurance, etc. It's almost like living at a resort, perfect for me. I'm sorry you have had tooth problems too. Mine is getting better but I suspect that if I continue to reduce the Klonopin and stop the Flexeril, I will have to buy the mouth guard. AACK! More $$$$$'s.

Janie, I'm glad you found a good Guai doc. I think I mentioned to you that the Guai treatment has helped my osteoarthritis and it has helped Claudia's (Dr. St. Amand's nurse and co-author) as well. I hope it helps you and your neice.

Hi, Ann. Yes, I have tried the heat and ice and it does help. I just think that unless I can stop clenching, it will continue to be sore. It is better. Glad to see your post. Please let us know what the doc says about the painful and swollen joints. I hope they get better.

Dee, I'm sorry about the weakness and pain. In the beginning, sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better. Sounds as though in some ways, you are improving. Some good days and having the fog go away were the first benefits I noticed in the beginning. Hang in there. BTW, is there some kind of org. where you live which can provide a wheelchair. We have one here where people donate walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc. They are given for free to those who need them. Many are barely used.

I had a couple of good days and of course, I tried to get things done which had fallen behind while I was recovering from my trip to Atlanta and my sore tooth. Both yesterday and the day before, I came into contact with people whose children are very sick with the rotovirus. Today, I got up with diarrhea from hell. I'm chilling but have no nausea. It really feels like Herxing to me. It may be Herxing as my new and improved immune system goes on a killing spree. In any case, today, I sitting on the sofa and taking it easy. Everything I eat turns to you-know-what, so I'm mainly just keeping hydrated. I did a nice long Epsom Salt soak as I am achy too. Aah, it's always something with us.

I hope y'all are having a good day. I plan on just lolling around, watching TV and reading.

Love, Mikie

8. janieb

janieb New Member

Thank you for your encouragement. It's nice to know someone who is just a few steps ahead. I've not started on the guai, but I do have the prescription. I've also made copies of all the lists, so that will be a day of shopping. I'm thinking it's just easier to replace everything from the list and dump what's here now. Not a big make-up person anymore, since retirement, so it shouldn't be too costly. Even laundry detergent, etc. can be replaced. Tomorrow they should be finished with the inside of the house. This has been very stressful, but now I'm at a point where I can put things away, throw things, and just get back to normal. After that, they are starting on the outside and that will be better.

I love my doctor and she is having me also see an ob-gyn who is basically a holistic doctor. This is for some of the problems that may not be related to fibro, but simply age. I've also called two fitness centers. Because of my hyperflexibility, I need to work out on a special machine that won't let me over-extend. So far it's been leaving a message. I'm very grateful I don't need the special diet. My niece has lost a ton of weight on it and she is also 6 feet tall and had none to lose. I'm 5-9 and only weight 115 as they say, soaking wet. My normal weight is about 130.

If I'm lucky, this will help the arthritis in my lower back so I lose the pain in my hips.

Thanks, again for your concern and encouraging reply.

janieb
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  9. janieb

janieb New Member

Thank you for your encouragement. It's nice to know someone who is just a few steps ahead. I've not started on the guai, but I do have the prescription. Tomorrow they should be finished with the inside of the house. This has been very stressfull, but now I'm at a point where I can put things away, throw things, and just get things back to normal. After that, they are starting on the outside and that will be better.

I love my doctor and she is having me also see an ob-gyn who is basically a holistic doctor. This is for some of the problems that may not be related to fibro, but simply age. I've also called two fitness centers. Because of my hyperflexibility, I need to work out on a special machine that won't let me over-extend. So far it's been leaving a message. I'm very grateful I don't need the special diet. My niece has lost a ton of weight on it and she is also 6 feet tall and had none to lose. I'm 5-9 and only weight 115 as they say, soaking wet. My normal weight is about 130.

If I'm lucky, this will help the arthritis in my lower back so I lose the pain in my hips.

Thanks, again for your concern and encouraging reply.

janieb
  10. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

hiya group!

welcome janie good to have you. Claudia merrick st armands nurse wrote a book too so get that what to do your first year of fibro. THink that kinda is too late but may have some good info in there never know. I had it out from the library and said pfffffffffffft and took it back rofl.

So what are we going to do with me? I have been forgetting to take the damned guai.

I have been cutting back on my percocets since I am now thru with surgery and just getting recovered, and so when I reduced the percocets I forgot to keep taking the guai.

Been off it for nearly 4 days and so started again this am.

I do find it hurts my stomach to take it so I eat with it and sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. I get headachy with it too. it is awful. Any suggestions?

Stitches came out tuesday and all I had was more fatty tumours so this is good. it was large though 11.8g in weight. that is the same as what came out of the other side but it came out in 2 lumps over there this one was one big lumpy.

it is still so sore it is unreal. sighhhhhhh forgot to ask for me drugs so will have to call and see if he will do more. I see him in 3 months to follow up.

Who was asking for a wheelchair? Go to freecycle.org and go to your area. Get accepted on the site and ask for a wheelchair. It is a free site for people in your area to give free things. You are supposed to post a give away first before you ask for a wanted but if you explain that you are in desperate need the moderator will likely wave the initial first offer. It is a great way to clean house and get rid of things. We have had alot of houses burn down since we signed on and so got rid of alot!

Ok long post lol so ttfn and hagd Brenda
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I finally answered your post about your toes. Between recouperating from my trip and having wahtever I had yesterday, I haven't been here much.

What happend with your toes?

Love, Mikie
  12. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Nothing on the toes yet.

can't get into my icky doc from hell and the new doc I am looking at is not taking new patients until after the may holiday. so pfffffffffffft

nada is happening.

Feels like they have hot water in them all the time. bottoms of my feet get hot now all the time too. That usually only happened if I had a great Orgasm lol. I know I am weird lol.

SO anyhow nothing to report except well nothing lol!

roflmao brenda
  13. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi everyone...Janieb, good morning. Wow, you are thin! I have to work hard to stay where I am. Your info about a special machine for exercise was new to me. I hope that you can begin exercising soon. I think that really helps me. Keep us posted on your progress.

Brenda...good morning to you...glad to hear that you are recovering from your surgery and that the tumors were fatty, although that doesn't help with the pain of recovery. We'll hope that today is a better day, and that with each day, you will have less pain.

Off to the doctor...have a good day, everyone. Love, Ann
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Brenda, with gout, there is usually significant swelling and the skin gets very red and shiny. The pain is usually unbearable. This isn't something which should wait. I hope it is better.

Ann, hope the doc appt. goes well.

I still have a little residual diarrhea today but have a tad more energy and am not feeling as sick. It's about 90 degrees here and I made two trips to the dumpster area for my garbage and to take my recycleables down. Now, I'm sweating like a pig. I had been chilling. Whine, whine, whine.

Hope everyone can keep on keepin' on.

Love, Mikie