hey guys just thought of something about blood work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wangotango, Nov 17, 2005.

1. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i used t work for a group of chiropracters and did thier massage work blood draws and so on, . i used to get so hung up on blood values so one day the older doctor told me not to worry so much about the little values but look at the big picture and outside the box ! i said ok the next couple of days he brought me a blood sample to work up and i did. he then told me to analyze it and tell him what i thought.
    i dont remember the small things other than it looked pretty good. the doc told me well the man the blood came from died about 24 hrs after i ran the sample. do the lesson he told me was not to take a sip out of the ocean and asssume its all bad becasue its salty. any way be well all bill
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

If I were you, I'd talk directly to the nurse practitioner and tell her what her nurse has said to you. Or, if they have an office manager, go to that person.

Nobody should be treated like that!
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I don't know how old her daughter is but that attitude is child abuse I think and if she gave me much grief I'd tell her so!
  4. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

Not sure if I understand the last part...but how do you get your doctor to compare your blood work to see if there have been elevaions in numbers - even if they are still in normal range?

Has anyone been successfull in that?
  5. darude

darude New Member

You the dude with the pituitary tumour? If so are you on meds or is something else being done? Did you see and endo?
  6. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

just asking??? has anyone had their blodd tests compaired even if they are normal?
  7. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

for more answers
  8. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

that is interesting that your white blood cell count is low, so is mine, but the DR said not low enough to be concerned about it.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2005]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It involves a spinal tap, so I doubt most of us would want to have it and most insurance plans might balk at paying for it.

A simple answer regarding the "normal" bloodwork might be, "Yes, but of course, those who are knowledgeable about these illnesses know that most people with FMS do have normal test results."

Love, Mikie
  10. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I like your post- interesting....but what did this guy die from?

just wondering......

thanks!

jgavi
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm sorry .... I don't understand what you are asking ... had my blood tests compared ... compared to what? Other labs? people here? normals? optimal values?

Wango .... thank you for posting ... something interesting to think about.

Elsa
  12. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I meant your blood tests compared to previous blood test that you had done. See if maybe the numbers might be changing, or are more elevated than the last one you had drawn.

13. elsa

elsa New Member

I get it ... nothing like butting in half way through something, huh?! LOL

I have had more blood work pulled to compare the EBV numbers ... did this a while back. They most definately improved from two years ago when I was first dx'ed. Long time treatment with anti-virals, supplements and transfer factor all made the difference for me.

Thanks for clueing me in .... I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Elsa
  14. Remnant

Remnant New Member

what did the man DIE from, 24 hrs after you read/took his sample?